Hacking Playing loadiine games from HDD thanks to Mocha CFW

Mr Objection

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I am making this little guide to help people so they can use loadiine with their fat 32 HDDs

You will need :

- New Mocha build https://gbatemp.net/attachments/mocha-cfw-zip.77927/ (Credits: Dimok how created mocha and Shinigati who compiled this new mocha version)
- put Mocha.elf on both your Sd and Hdd (wiiu/apps/mocha.elf)
- Put HBL on SD and your HDD
- Put Loadiine in both your SD and HDD
- run mocha from HBL (browser or cbhc or haxchi) or Mocha directly from haxchi instead of using hbl.

Once Mocha has been launched, your SD card will no longer work (that is why you need to put HBL, Mocha and Loadiine in your HDD).
every homebrew trying to access the SD card will read the first FAT32 partition from USB.
so, put your games into :
USB1:/wiiu/games/Title/ content+code+meta folder here
Don't forget to copy your savegames too! (USB1:/wiiu/saves/)

Run HBL again (from miimaker) and now it will list all homebrew located in usb:/wiiu/apps/
then select loadiine and there you go, all the games you put in your HDD are available to use.

Pros:
- You can have now you wii, gamecube and wii u games in the same drive.
- The new (beta) Mocha build doesn't prompt to format the FAT32 HDD to WiiU Format! if you launch mocha at boot from cbhc you can just keep your FAT32 drive for all your needs (wiiu, vwii, gamecube, etc.)
- Very easy to make, no need to do anything risky.
- Easy installation of games (is the same as putting loadiine ready games on a SD card but with a HDD).
- More space available, no need to use and switch multiple SD cards to find the game you want to launch.

Cons:
- No speed improvement. Same speed than loadiine from SD card, if not even lower....
- The same problems and limitations you have with loadiine.
- Sometimes you can have problems when doing this by the browser (the console can freeze and you will have to restart it). I don't know if with Haxchi you can solve this.

Credits to Cyan also who wrote a big part (almost all of it) of this guide but in another post. I just created a thread with the link of the compiled mocha version by Shinigati, the guide of Cyan, I changed something and put some more and that is all I made, so the credits are for Dimok, Shinigati and Cyan.

Last edited by Mr Objection,

Mr Objection

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This is next to useless tbh as you games are still extremely slow and have all the same limits as loadiine...

I guess if you want to use a drive between wii/wiiu then it is useful.
It is useful because as you said you can use just one drive for your wii u and the vwii and it is also useful for people that don't want to mess with their consoles and want to be as far as possible of any potential brick.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is useful because as you said you can use just one drive for your wii u and the vwii and it is also useful for people that don't want to mess with their consoles and want to be as far as possible of any potential brick.
You're pretty much brick proof just installing games using (normal and stable) mocha and wii u usp helper.
If you're even using this (unstable) build of mocha then you should be fine installing games to usb (or system memory) using the STABLE build of mocha.

Mr Objection

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You're pretty much brick proof just installing games using (normal and stable) mocha and wii u usp helper.
If you're even using this (unstable) build of mocha then you should be fine installing games to usb (or system memory) using the STABLE build of mocha.

With this you can play your loadiine games without installing nothing so it is impossible to brick your console, I know that installing game is easy, but a lot of users, like me and @Cyan like keeping our consoles as clean as possible.
some users don't like installing ticket or titles internally and prefer temporary patches even if it lacks features and is slower. With these users have more freedom to choose what to do with their systems, because now they have more options available.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With this you can play your loadiine games without installing nothing so it is impossible to brick your console, I know that installing game is easy, but a lot of users, like me and @Cyan like keeping our consoles as clean as possible
I guess that is a good excuse...

if you only install to usb it is technically leaving your console clean cause once you take it out your console is not modified

Reactions: Mr Objection

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if only this would have been released last year
>.>
anyways thanks i have lots of loadiine games and only install online games into my console

is it possible to use the hdd as fat 32 format
and as wii u installable format?
or not?

Mr Objection

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
if only this would have been released last year
>.>
anyways thanks i have lots of loadiine games and only install online games into my console

is it possible to use the hdd as fat 32 format
and as wii u installable format?
or not?
No, you can use your fat 32 hdd, but this make the system think that it is using the sd card when it is using the hdd. It isnt for installing games on your console.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well it says brick proof so i suppose i can try with my Mp3 player :P

Do i need to put it into a specific USB port? There is like 4 of them. I also have my HDD for wii u in already with y cable so that is already 2 occupied
I use the front port but I think that it will work in the back, but I don'tknow if it will work when using the other hdd, but it won't hurt if you try.

Also, the user @Shinigati compiled it, so remember to thanks him :D

Reactions: Redirr

julienbdes

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looking forward at the fat32. Would like to straight copy from one fat32 hdd to another instead of copying sd x10000 times and installing stuff

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i tried it. Used a 1GB mp3 player, it works, played Bomberman 2 NDS injected game. :P

I think one of the problems is that the system cannot use two usb devices at the same time. Only one, well that isn't so bad. Except i figured if the idea is to make the system think USB are SD cards, why would it still have this restriction?

Anyway It works fine, well for the game i used. I dunno how to installed NDS injected games on to the system so i don't need to use loadiine but i guess i'll wait for a all in one tool. :)

I dunno if this is related. But is there any way to install Game disc on home menu with the system alone? (NO PC) Kinda like Dumping game carts to cia on 3DS with Hourglass9, cause i'm not sure but my disc drive been acting funny. when i boot the system, it randomly detects the game, as either Inserted correctly, inserted incorrectly or not at all, when ejecting it i get stains and stuff i know i didn't make cause is been inside the system the whole time.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
How did you get blisters, and how did loadiine become the ghetto? :P
In those dark times I do not like to speak much of, I was resetting console hourly. The only break I got from resetting is when I was waiting for game to load 10+ minutes sometimes.
Don't get me wrong, it was a huge accomplishment back then, but brazilian boys really made life easier with their ''hack''.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: test what?