Playing loadiine games from HDD thanks to Mocha CFW

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Mr Objection, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Superpieman

Superpieman Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2017
    Mexico
    I am. It even boots up the other homebrew apps from the HDD just fine, but loadiine just goes into the black void.

2. operat0r

operat0r Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2009
    United States
    UPDATE: just kidding I was not running the latest Mocha ... https://gbatemp.net/attachments/mocha-cfw-zip.77927/

Thanks for all the great work !

should be wiiu/apps/mocha/mocha.elf

humm looks happy mocha loads and loadline loads but no games in list :( path on the fat23 usb drive from ftpiiu is "/usb/wiiu/games/Nintendo Land/code" I also tried "/usb/wiiu/games/Nintendo Land [ALCP01]/code"

running latest loadline and mocha as of 6/26/2017
    loadline works with SD just fine

Last edited by operat0r, Jun 27, 2017
  3. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    u most likely need the path that the installation dictates. the path to the game is being recorded in the metadata, so altering that will result it the game not appearing.

operat0r likes this.
  4. Mr Objection
    OP

Mr Objection GBAtemp Fan

Jul 10, 2016
    Argentina
    I have just gathered information from others in this guide, that was all my work xD.

5. operat0r

operat0r Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2009
    United States
    So it looks like at some point "even with no internet configured" a /usr folder and a bunch of other empty folders is created after powering on the WIIU? that makes it crash after I click anything on the menu. I was thinking on copying everything in the /usr folder onto the external USB HDD but there may be some other fix. The only way I can get it back is to let the home screen load after the "please wait" dialog with the USD HDD removed. Then powercycle.

Not sure when the event is triggered its almost like if a lot of time passes by "days" this happens. I turned off all the sleep mode type of stuff and verified the internet was disabled. Ill repost if I figure out the fix.

6. GaryPwns

GaryPwns Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2016
    United States

So after doing all of this when I boot into your version of Mocha it launches and switches to USB just fine but I cannot run HBL or Loadiine. I can use Loadiine in the standard Mocha but not this. HBL gives -5 error and Loadiine freezes blue screen.

My files for HBL are at:
    SD:/wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
    SD:/wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher.elf
    SD:/wiiu/apps/homebrewlauncher.elf

Same goes for the files on the USB. Tried different SDs and different USBs.

7. Mr Objection
    OP

Mr Objection GBAtemp Fan

Jul 10, 2016
    Argentina

This isn't useful anymore, I use the method everyone else is using. Use wup installer haxchi, mocha and an external hdd an play your games there.

8. LordOrwell

LordOrwell Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2017
    United States
    the unofficial mocha also mounts the fat32 drive as a wii-u drive as long as you have an install directory on it. I wonder if there is a size limit to drives?

9. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Had the same problem where Homebrew Launcher was empty, formatting the HDD as MBR fixed it!

10. Xyphoseos

Xyphoseos Hack or no games

Jun 29, 2016
    France
    Rivière
    Is it possible to use moche fat32 to install games app/h3 for hdd ?
    I've a game larger than my sd card so I would use it to put the game in my fat32 hdd to install the game on my formatted wiiu hdd
    That would say that I will have 2 hdd at the same time on my wiiu :unsure:

11. fille

fille GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2014
    Belgium
    somewhere
    Why on earth people stille use loadiine,the other method works fine and does not have speed issues.

12. XC-3730C

XC-3730C GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 10, 2014
    United States
    I went to Haxchi/CBHC from Loadiine, and never looked back. I see no advantage of Loadiine.

13. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    No, you can only install to the internal memory - if you have enough free internal memory for the game. After the install, you can use data management to move it to the hard drive.

Xyphoseos likes this.
  14. morpheous

morpheous GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2009
    United States
    Hello fellas,

I'm running cbhc. I play Nintendo DS VC games in Loadiine-GX2 format with the game folder name and the 2 folders inside of it.

I don't have a big SD card, so i wanted to ask if there was an updated method of doing the same things here but without needing to launch mocha.elf via homebrew launcher?

I created a custom loadiine-GX2 forwarder splash screen, because its designated as my goto app for playing my nintendo DS VC games this way.

I am not interested in injecting nintendo ds games to my system menu as i prefer a clean system menu without the clutter of so many icons.

So i prefer to launch games from stand alone apps myself.

I attempted this method but i'm still launching games from my SD, opposed to my USB. I am hoping there is another method that doesn't need me to launch mocha or HBL, being i am running cbhc but i think the mocha.elf has some patch that disables the SD card and mapps the usb as the SD card in its place?

Please let me know...

15. Carlos_Knijnik

Carlos_Knijnik Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brazil
    Help! i triyed but doesnt show any hdd games...