hvyen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi guys!
Sorry, but I can't find anything about it:
I have many legit Wii U Disc Games which I want to play online. Some of them have DLC like Mario Kart or Super Smash Bros. My question is, can I play the legit games online after installation of non legit DLC with the WiiU USB Helper tool on my USB stick? With the CFW I can play and see the the new DLC files, but is it safe playing with it online without the risk of a ban or brick?

I have another question:
Everytime after turning off the console when the CFW (CFW Booter in Homebrew Launcher) is loaded before and then I restart the console, it doesn't turn on. Just the yellow light is blinking. I have to hold the power button another 4 seconds to turn it off again and finally by pressing the power button on the gampepad helps to get in the wii u menu again. Is this normal to do it twice or is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks for your help!

redmagejosh

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
To your first question, Yes. They will not ban you unless you start using Mods and go crazy about it enough that people will notice, that been said you can play online with DLC without an issue. Only I think you make sure you install DLC on the same side as the game data, meaning if you game data in on nand, DLC should also be on nand and not USB drive.

To your second question, not sure what CFW Booter is... are you running MochaCFW or Haxchi? if you, you should read about those as they are currently what has the best support and can tell you by experience they work without issues as I have not experience that yellow light you mention nor I know someone who has.

hvyen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
First many thanks for your reply. Nice to know not getting any problems playing online legit games with downloaded DLC.

Sorry, but I'm not sure if I have MochaCFW or Haxchi ?! I extracted a rar on my SD card. It has several apps in there. Beside homebrew_launcher and loadiine_gx2 there is also cfwbooter. I have a "fw.img" in the root of my SD too.
In the homebrew launcher I can select CFWBooter app which loads the CFW file (fw.img). After loading it, I can see the DLC (yes, both the game and DLC are on a USB stick). It would be nice, to change from the CFW back to the clean NAND before shutting down the console, but I don't know how to do that. I think with this I have not any problems with turning off the console anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things