Playing japanese roms like Animal Crossing with Luma3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by MissYumi, Apr 26, 2016.

1. MissYumi
    OP

MissYumi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Hi everybody!

I managed to get Luma3DS working on my O3DS and N3DS. No I installed a CIA version of Animal Crossing 3DS but it crashes after starting it and the 3DS reboots. Do I need to "enable" something? It even don't work with my Gateway. But I though it would work with Luma ?

Thank you!

2. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    Looks like you got a corrupt CIA. Try recopying and reinstalling it on your 3DS, if that doesn't work, redownload it, if even that doesn't work, you'll need to find a different source.

3. MissYumi
    OP

MissYumi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Oh.... OK! I'll try this. It's hard to find though....

4. Potato hoarder

Potato hoarder Hoarder of Potatoes

Feb 2, 2016
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Are you looking on that special iso site? There should be many sources there.

FakuMotaFaka likes this.
  5. FakuMotaFaka
    This message by FakuMotaFaka has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Nov 28, 2016, Reason: one word post.
    Apr 26, 2016
  6. MissYumi
    OP

MissYumi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Yes i did. There are many request and I got that "corrupt" version from there. No luck though.

7. Potato hoarder

Potato hoarder Hoarder of Potatoes

Feb 2, 2016
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Go to Billy's eshop thread. He has almost every game in CIA format there. Search on the place we shall not name "new leaf USA CIA" and click on billy's eshop and CIA thread

8. MissYumi
    OP

MissYumi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Thanks for that advice but I am looking for the japanese version. Currently I am testing another one, just waiting the install process gets finished....

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

The other CIA also did not work.... But it should, right? There is no "trick" or anything I maybe did wrong??

9. FakuMotaFaka

FakuMotaFaka GBAtemp Regular

Mar 5, 2016
    Canada
    What's the pointof the jp version. U can just change the region spoofer on ur system.

10. CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    Perhaps you could try stacking NTR CFW on top of Luma? My Triforce Heroes JP won't run without running it, and it's really easy to set up.

Make sure you install the BootNTR.cia by ShadowTrance, with the official ntr.bin on your sd root.

https://github.com/Shadowtrance/BootNTR/releases
    https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases

By the way, you'll also want to find Config.cia to change the EULA to FF FF so you can play out-of-region games online. Google for "SDK 11.4 DevMenu + Config" and you should find it quickly.

11. jaspern

jaspern Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2016
    Do you have a Japanese 3DS? If not, you need to enable something first to be able to play games from other regions. Make sure you have the lastest Luma3DS version and do the following:
    The TitleID for Tobidase Doubutsu no Mori, or Animal Crossing: New Leaf JPN is 0004000000086200.

So just create a file with Notepad in luma\locales called 0004000000086200.txt, with the following content:
    Then hold Select on boot and enable the language feature and try again.

If you wanted to play Happy Home Designer, that game's ID is 000400000014f000.

PS. There is also an update for New Leaf: 更新データ Ver. 1.1 とびだせ どうぶつの森 (0004000e00086200)

Last edited by jaspern, Apr 26, 2016
    CrispyYoshi likes this.
  12. MissYumi
    OP

MissYumi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2015
    Gambia, The
    ®®
    Oh!! Yes I did the locales txt thing but I forgot to enable the language option. I will try it!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

YES!!!! It worked. THANK YOU!!!! Sorry my mistake to forget that option. THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

CrispyYoshi likes this.
  13. jaspern

jaspern Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2016
    No problem ;)

14. CrispyYoshi

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    Whoa, that's amazing! Thank you for sharing!

Do you know if it's possible to also emulate the keyboard of another region, like the JP one?

15. jaspern

jaspern Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2016
    Do you mean enable the JP OSK in games that don't support Japanese?
    When you use that Luma3DS feature (or NTR with language plugin) it should automatically switch the in-game keyboard to the region defined in the text file. But I don't think it's possible to enable the JP keyboard in games that run in a different region/language though, there might be a way but I don't know. The games probably don't know how to handle the Japanese anyway, the western font sets are most likely missing Japanese chars.

16. CrispyYoshi

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    Oh no, I just mean running a JP game with a JP keyboard on a USA/EUR 3DS running Luma3DS.

SomeGamer likes this.
  17. CheatingSoi

CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

Apr 4, 2007
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Aw man. I've been looking for that particular game myself. Tobidase Doubutsu No Mori.. It's a hard one to find. Anyone know why I can't even find it using CIAngel?

18. Angeldahacker

Angeldahacker Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2016
    United States
    Same it's hard huh

19. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    It's on freeShop.

20. Angeldahacker

Angeldahacker Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2016
    United States
    Ik and I downloaded alredy but when I go on it it crashes on the yellow small loading train screen

21. DesuIsSparta

DesuIsSparta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 13, 2015
    United States
    Weaboo land
    That means your firmware isn't patched to run out-of-region games. If you're using Luma, there's a setting when it is first booting.. press/hold select while booting and tick that option.