Hacking Playing Indie Games in FSD2 (Xbox 360)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this possible? I think FSD 2 development ended before indie games were playable. if it's possible, how do you do it? file manager? they don't get listed in xbla games, since they're read as dlc instead of xbla games. and, what are the dashlaunch options? fakelive autolive? I think autolive is for stock dash. I have both options disabled, but games do work through dashlaunch, which is where I normally load them up. @Hologram @DinohScene @aadz93 ?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a tile for indie games or is it through file manager?

edit: I'll turn on autofake and test tomorrow. currently transferring files at the moment to an unrelated hdd.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it looks like I have it:

upload_2021-5-31_10-20-58.png

however, I don't know how to load an indie game. is there a section for them in FSD3? (i.e. xbla, xbox 360, xbox original, etc.) or do you do it through file manager like with dashlaunch? games work fine through dashlaunch. I'm just not sure if there's a list in FSD3.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we have success on the default dash with indie games, loads games' collection quite a bit faster than dashlaunch. I did enable autofake btw (was disabled). I also found out yesterday that I have every xbla and xblig that exists or 719 and nearly 3,400 respectively. I also found that the right bumper returns to the regular dash if you hold it while selecting xbox home. I knew about that, but I thought they had taken it out. :D

Last edited by godreborn,
Reactions: MKKhanzo

MKKhanzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we have success on the default dash with indie games, loads games' collection quite a bit faster than dashlaunch. I did enable autofake btw (was disabled). I also found out yesterday that I have every xbla and xblig that exists or 719 and nearly 3,400 respectively. I also found that the right bumper returns to the regular dash if you hold it while selecting xbox home. I knew about that, but I thought they had taken it out. :D

Sorry for the offtopic but, could you test Magicians and Looters? It was a very simple metroidvania XBLIG. I buyed and played it a long time ago, but Im rgh'd now, and the file I have just resets itself after launching. All other indies work fine tho.

Thx in advandce

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the offtopic but, could you test Magicians and Looters? It was a very simple metroidvania XBLIG. I buyed and played it a long time ago, but Im rgh'd now, and the file I have just resets itself after launching. All other indies work fine tho.

Thx in advandce

I'll try both, but I'm busy at the moment, so it will take a day or two. the stock dash has the ability to scroll through indie games or games in general with either the bumper or trigger R button, so it should be pretty easy to get to those games. I think I have all indie games or very close to it. does it reset after launching them?

Reactions: MKKhanzo

MKKhanzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try both, but I'm busy at the moment, so it will take a day or two. the stock dash has the ability to scroll through indie games or games in general with either the bumper or trigger R button, so it should be pretty easy to get to those games. I think I have all indie games or very close to it. does it reset after launching them?

Its only that game that behaves like that. It launches, reaches a loading screen then boots up to the dash.

Thx for testing!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.