Hacking Playing import games?

Disastorm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I was wondering what the best way to play import games is. I noticed on the hacking progress thread it says that there is a method to play other region games.

Basically I have 2 options, either buying a Japanese Wii U and using the hacking method to play US games on it or buying a US Wii U and using the hacking method to play JP games on it.

Which one of these is the better option? Are there limitations to updates, downloads, store, etc based on region?

If I have a US Wii U, will I be able to get DLC for Japanese games?
If I have a JP Wii U, will I be able to get DLC for any games if I live in the US? Is there some kind of I.P. restrictions, etc?

I'm primarily interested in getting Taiko no Tatsujin Wii U which has free DLC songs.

Thanks.

Zeliga

One step closer.
Trophies
XP
Country
highly doubt you will be able to play it cause the american wii will detect its not a US game and wont start up. Homebrew might be your only option.

Disastorm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah i see. didn't realize the Hacking progress sticky was specific to only Wii games (vWii).

Can any of you tell me the limitations of using a Japanese Wii U in the US? Would I need a Japan I.P. to access the full features?

Disastorm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to play Japanese wii U games, I'll edit my last post since I forgot the U.
Yea I also want DLC, does anyone know if there are restrictions to this? I mean if a Japanese Wii U works perfectly in the US, I can just get that.

Disastorm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You do NOT need a JP IP address to access JP eShop, just a JP Wii U.

Bottom line is if you want to play JP Wii U game you must pick up a JP Wii U, Nintendo region locked Wii U completely. So far the hacking progress only allows Wii game to be region free, not Wii U or eShop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.