Hacking Playing GCN Games via USB Using USB Loader GX and DML Help

KyleLamb

OP
Trophies
XP
I can't seem to find a good guide on how to do this, and I'm having trouble. I installed the DML 1.5 WAD using MMM, and it said it completed successfully. I put GCN ISO files on my USB HDD in a folder called "GCN". On USB Loader GX, I put the main path as usb1:\GCN and the SD path as the default, which is SD:\games. I switched the view so I can see both Wii and GCN titles, but no GCN titles come up.

Have I missed a step?

Edit: lol, I didn't think using Facebook would actually take my profile pic for an avatar.

KyleLamb

OP
Trophies
XP
I'll try it, but are you sure that's the problem? On the USB Loader GX site it says "Supported formats for gamecubes are ISO/GCM and GCRegEx."

Edit: Thanks, it worked. Loads to the SD card way slower than I had hoped though. I guess it's to be expected.

darknessgp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GCN games need to be in discex format. and ur game cube games go in "games" folder.

GCN game doesn't need to be in discex format, at least not for USB Loader GX. He is correct on the folder, the DML paths are super picky.

Yea, since it's not true HDD loading, it's copying to the SD card. and the Wii is slow at it. IMO, if you know which games you are going to want to play, just use a computer to put them on the SD card... and then patiently wait for DM or Devolution to release to allow direct loading of GC from USB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    Veho @ Veho: California has already banned those additives BTW.