Playing GCN Games via USB Using USB Loader GX and DML Help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by KyleLamb, Jun 14, 2012.

1. KyleLamb
    OP

Newcomer KyleLamb Newbie

I can't seem to find a good guide on how to do this, and I'm having trouble. I installed the DML 1.5 WAD using MMM, and it said it completed successfully. I put GCN ISO files on my USB HDD in a folder called "GCN". On USB Loader GX, I put the main path as usb1:\GCN and the SD path as the default, which is SD:\games. I switched the view so I can see both Wii and GCN titles, but no GCN titles come up.

Have I missed a step?

Edit: lol, I didn't think using Facebook would actually take my profile pic for an avatar.

2. bm123456

Member bm123456 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    GCN games need to be in discex format. and ur game cube games go in "games" folder.

3. KyleLamb
    OP

Newcomer KyleLamb Newbie

I'll try it, but are you sure that's the problem? On the USB Loader GX site it says "Supported formats for gamecubes are ISO/GCM and GCRegEx."

Edit: Thanks, it worked. Loads to the SD card way slower than I had hoped though. I guess it's to be expected.

4. darknessgp

Newcomer darknessgp Newbie

United States
    GCN game doesn't need to be in discex format, at least not for USB Loader GX. He is correct on the folder, the DML paths are super picky.

Yea, since it's not true HDD loading, it's copying to the SD card. and the Wii is slow at it. IMO, if you know which games you are going to want to play, just use a computer to put them on the SD card... and then patiently wait for DM or Devolution to release to allow direct loading of GC from USB.