playing GBA with M3 lite

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Mikkie, Dec 28, 2006.

Dec 28, 2006

playing GBA with M3 lite by Mikkie at 12:40 PM (948 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Mikkie
    OP

Newcomer Mikkie Member

Sweden
    I have a question, I recently got a M3lite and a Sandisk Ultra II microsd card and everything works very well on it, but now I got a friend who recently bought a M3lite and a ordinary Sandisk 1gb microsd card and he tells me that after he formatted his microsd card to FAT16 to enhance the DS game performance, he can't play GBA games on his M3lite.
    I checked the wiki page which says that GBA games do work, I'm suspecting that you might have to press "start" instead of the "a button" when you load the gba roms like it says on some other brands of microsd cards, but I won't see my friend for a while so I can't ask him to try it out, so just to be sure I wanted to ask if someone here got it to work? and how?

2. senshi

Newcomer senshi Newbie

Germany
    the lite only plays games up to 4 megabytes!

3. Monkey01

Member Monkey01 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    No, Lite just means it fits without sticking out in the DS Lite and uses MicroSD cards as storage.
    The Professional editions are the ones which don't fully support the GBA anymore.

You might try changing the cluster size or something when formatting, I believe I've read somewhere that some sizes make it incompatible with GBA too...

-edit:
    http://m3wiki.com/index.php?title=Media_Card
    This talks about this too, it also states that it sometimes is required to press Start yes as you said already. Also it explains how to format in different clusters.

4. nezura

Newcomer nezura Member

Canada
    When i push start to load the m3 in GBA mode...it loads the GBA splash screen then the screen stays black...whats the problem?