ponjavic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I was thinking of buying this for my dsl:

http://www.jandaman.com/games.mvc?p=ndsezf..._Code=NDSDEVKIT

Thing is I have an M3 lite simply for DS games but I didn't realise you couldn't play gba games on that so I'm trying to find something extra for strictly gba games and this seems really cheap.

Also I've been looking at the deluxe but if the only difference is some more NOR memory then this one is more than satisfactory.

Would this be able to play most GBA games smoothly on a ds lite without anything else but a micro sd card?

Thanks

warlock110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I was thinking of buying this for my dsl:

http://www.jandaman.com/games.mvc?p=ndsezf..._Code=NDSDEVKIT

Thing is I have an M3 lite simply for DS games but I didn't realise you couldn't play gba games on that so I'm trying to find something extra for strictly gba games and this seems really cheap.

Also I've been looking at the deluxe but if the only difference is some more NOR memory then this one is more than satisfactory.

Would this be able to play most GBA games smoothly on a ds lite without anything else but a micro sd card?

Thanks

i'm in the same place as you... i orderd the delux anyways just to be sure... plus the delux has the case that match my DS lite's color... just think of it as for aesthetic look... plus u are getting more for your money anyways.

Foie

That one guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just so you know, the EZ4 Lite (old version) does stick out of the DS Lite a little bit. But to answer your question, yes, it will play almost every GBA game with only a MicroSD card.

ponjavic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
perfect thank you very much
smile.gif
This seems to be the only cheap solution for my problem, I'll go buy it

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main reason (beyond aesthetics) for getting an EZ4DX over the old Lite version for GBA is that the EZ4DX also has more PSRAM. The old EZ4L (and the non-lite) only have 128 Mb's of PSRAM. GBA games need to be run from PSRAM or from NOR, so on the old EZ4L you will need to burn any 256 Mb games (Riviera, Yggdra Union) to NOR to play them... You don't need to do this on the EZ4DX. While I don't expect one would find themselves burning GBA games to NOR very often, it's a somewhat painful experience when you do as it takes freaking yonks.
frown.gif

warlock110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The main reason (beyond aesthetics) for getting an EZ4DX over the old Lite version for GBA is that the EZ4DX also has more PSRAM. The old EZ4L (and the non-lite) only have 128 Mb's of PSRAM. GBA games need to be run from PSRAM or from NOR, so on the old EZ4L you will need to burn any 256 Mb games (Riviera, Yggdra Union) to NOR to play them... You don't need to do this on the EZ4DX. While I don't expect one would find themselves burning GBA games to NOR very often, it's a somewhat painful experience when you do as it takes freaking yonks.
frown.gif

this I did not know.. but i ordered the delux anyways... i wanted to play some old games on GBA (GBA system got some really really good games if i remember correctly)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence -