Gaming Playing GBA carts on DS Lite with the controlls hard modded.

• Thread starter Deleted-355425
  • Start date
  • Views 1,866
  • Replies 4
D

Deleted-355425

Boring Friday at work today so i went ahead and made my DS Lite GBA use the traditional button locations on the GBA native slot through the DS Lite, feels way better now lol... like the SP and Snes.

I bought the pink DS Lite which came with a charger from ebay for £1.04 and it was a wreck, Top screen broke and hinge snapped etc. I dismantled it all and removed the top screen, soldered in a smt resister to let me boot up the console without the top screen plugged it. I also removed the bottom screens facia and just put a screen protector on top of the digitizer so its mark free under and on top.

Removed the touch screen ability and made it boot direct to the GBA game on switching on the console, modded the buttons and gave it a bit of a clean.. in total cost me the price of the console and shipping, £4 somthing?

i have not put the speakers back in it, and dont intend too, its easy to solder back in but i prefer to just use headphones which i will be doing.

enojy! i know i will be later :)

D

Deleted-355425

This is amazing work man! How do you make it boot directly into gba mode? I might just wanna take up this project with my old lite.

That part is done just through the software options if you goto settings, you can set to boot up strait to the cartridge when switched ON :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1