Homebrew Playing Gamecube question keeps forcing me to sd -Read nand to SD

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You said chkdsk reported 32k, it's not reporting the correct value?

after formating it to 32k, did you use any program susceptible to edit the partition information?
it can't revert on its own, so something did it. but converting the cluster size probably takes time as it require to move conjoint used clusters and will fragment it a lot, you would have notice it if a program changed it.
or maybe you didn't really format it to 32k last time, and chkdsk incorrectly reported the cluster size, you thought you were good and started putting (all!) your games on the drive.

You should have tested one game first to see if it really worked before moving all of them.
You'll have to try again.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You said chkdsk reported 32k, it's not reporting the correct value?

after formating it to 32k, did you use any program susceptible to edit the partition information?
it can't revert on its own, so something did it. but converting the cluster size probably takes time as it require to move conjoint used clusters and will fragment it a lot, you would have notice it if a program changed it.
or maybe you didn't really format it to 32k last time, and chkdsk incorrectly reported the cluster size, you thought you were good and started putting (all!) your games on the drive.

You should have tested one game first to see if it really worked before moving all of them.
You'll have to try again.

Yes first chkdsk reported 32k. 100% sure
The 2nd time I said I did chkdsk, actually it was still ongoing, I was just posting in advance, expecting the same result...
now it says 64k..
And like u said.. something muyst have happened. and thatwould take time...
I did NOTHING to it. only chkdsk /f and it found 320kb of files.

I put all my files backover yes.. not its too late.. Cant do it anymore.. cuz I just managed barely.. lol...
Fucking hell, all these insane requirements. so there is still nintendont, and 2 other gamecube emulators right?
They work with 64k right. Which one has best compat for the games and speed.

I would buy a external drive.. just no money now xD..

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Devolution has best compatibility, you need to verify your retail disc once, then you can launch the game from USB without the retail disc.
Nintendont is still in development, doesn't require retail disc verification but has less compatibility than DIOS MIOS/Lite.

I suggest you use DIOS MIOS Lite to play the game you want (when you want to play it).
If you only want to store them all on the same partition in prevision of future needs, you can try nintendont.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks.
I tried nintendont and then F-zero GX it proceeded to load.. but nothing happened..

Anyway I tried something new. I formatted my USB 32 GB flash drive to requirments.

Put games on it. and put in other usb slot.
Now when I try to enter the information in the loader settings I press USB or USB 2 and I get my USB 1.5 TB drive.. TWICE.

For some reason it doesn't want to show my 32 GB flash but likes to show the 1.5 TB twice.. l;ol;.

so I cant l;oad from my 32gb fl;ash usb too... SIGH...

I could try dios mios lite but with 2gb on sd it will be a pain xD

Anyway could u help with my USB flash 32gb problem, should work no?

thanks for ur replies btw! I greatl;y appreciate.

EDIT: I think my usb stick is defective LoL just my l;uck...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't put both drives at the same time.
I don't know why you have twice the displayed games, but you need specific setup to make dual port working.
and anyway, even if it works with the second port (Port1), it won't work if you have another drive in Port0.

DIOS MIOS mount port0, if it finds a drive it doesn't try port1
if there's nothing in port0 then it tries port1
If you want both ports to be used at the same time, Gamecube games must be on the first partition on the drive on Port0.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
that's really strange.
I'll probably release a version with HDD sector dumping feature.

Hello
Cyan
My harddrive was failing so I resent it and got a new one.
I used Miniaide fat32 formatter to format 32k. Then did chkdsk.. BUt I think it still says its 64k right??
http://www.imagebam.com/image/22f188350789133

The tools you mentioned earlier don't list my drive for some reason.

I choose 16k cluster format. Hope that is okay..

Nevermind found a tool guiformat that is different and does seem to do the trick..
Will see how it works now with my wii after I copy files ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night