PLaying game cube games on wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by harlaquin, Jul 5, 2010.

Jul 5, 2010
  1. harlaquin
    OP

Newcomer harlaquin Newbie

United States
    HI, I am new here sorry I am sure this is an old topic but... I have all the softmodding done on my wii 4.2u i can play andthing just fine from a usb loader. Now my question is how do i load gamecube games? all the info i can find is 8 months to a year old and I am sure things have changed in that time. can anyone explain to me or at least point me to a current tutorial. I would liek to load off usb hdd but i am fine with dvd-r just need to know hwat i have to get to do it is all. thanks in advance.

2. daxtsu

Member daxtsu -

Antarctica
    Because not much has changed since then. You can't run GC games off USB unless you either A) Get a WODE modchip or B) hope for a release from Crediar's DIOS MIOS. If your Wii is from around 2009, then you most likely can't run burnt disks either due to a new DVD drive (D3-2 and D4). Otherwise it's the same as it was a year ago: install a CMIOS and burn your GC games to a dvd-r.

3. Nikolay

Member Nikolay GBAtemp Fan

United States
    To make that date a little less vague, I bought my wii in October of 2009 and it didn't have the new drive. Also you can burn multiple GC games on one dvd-r.

4. cthg

Member cthg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Manufacture date is probably what's important and not when you buy it.