PLaying game cube games on wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by harlaquin, Jul 5, 2010.

1. harlaquin
    OP

harlaquin Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2010
    United States
    HI, I am new here sorry I am sure this is an old topic but... I have all the softmodding done on my wii 4.2u i can play andthing just fine from a usb loader. Now my question is how do i load gamecube games? all the info i can find is 8 months to a year old and I am sure things have changed in that time. can anyone explain to me or at least point me to a current tutorial. I would liek to load off usb hdd but i am fine with dvd-r just need to know hwat i have to get to do it is all. thanks in advance.

2. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Because not much has changed since then. You can't run GC games off USB unless you either A) Get a WODE modchip or B) hope for a release from Crediar's DIOS MIOS. If your Wii is from around 2009, then you most likely can't run burnt disks either due to a new DVD drive (D3-2 and D4). Otherwise it's the same as it was a year ago: install a CMIOS and burn your GC games to a dvd-r.

3. Nikolay

Nikolay GBAtemp Fan

Mar 19, 2010
    United States
    To make that date a little less vague, I bought my wii in October of 2009 and it didn't have the new drive. Also you can burn multiple GC games on one dvd-r.

4. cthg

cthg GBAtemp Regular

Jan 22, 2009
    United States
    Manufacture date is probably what's important and not when you buy it.