Playing Game Boy Color Games on Elink?

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by jsimmons, Mar 7, 2008.

Mar 7, 2008
  1. jsimmons
    OP

Newcomer jsimmons Newbie

United States
    What do I need to do to play GBC games on my new ELink 512? It came with some little tank game preloaded (which I accidentally wiped out), but if I want to play some of my GBC titles, where do I start? Any help would be appreciated!

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
  3. jsimmons
    OP

Newcomer jsimmons Newbie

United States
    Thanks for giving me a place to start looking. [​IMG] I'm wanting to use it with my Micro, with the patched/translated Wizardry ROMs that were JPN-exclusives.

What's the general overview for doing the Game Boy Color thing with the ELink and the Micro? As far as the general process, I mean? The Goomba program just gets flashed to the ELink through the software with the GBC ROMs the same way as GBA ROMs do?

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
  5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    here is a snippet from my slot2 emulation guide:

Goomba Color
    Built off of the original Goomba source code, Goomba Color adds support for both GameBoy Color and Super Gameboy games. Dwedit is still actively updating the source to include better support and bug fixes. The emulator is a direct fork of Goomba and as a result makes use of the same front end coded by Newbie.

Download 1/29/2008 version: http://www.dwedit.org/dwedit_board/attachment.php?item=125

the updated link contains the goomba front end as well as everything else you need to inject your gbc and sgb roms. for more information and a guide on using the front end check the following link: http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/Goomba. the front end will build an uncompressed .gba rom which contains your gbc and sgb roms. keep in mind that this means that adding say the two gbc zelda games will expand the roms to over 20 megs. so make sure you have the space to really get the most out of this great little emulator.

goodluck,
    -AW

6. jsimmons
    OP

Newcomer jsimmons Newbie

United States
    Major thanks to you guys for replying to this topic. I got tons of useful information, and am now getting my ass handed to me in translated Wizardry games. [​IMG]