playing from usb freezes?, but disks work fine

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by newby1976, Feb 16, 2010.

1. newby1976
    OP

newby1976 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 15, 2009
    i can see my games on the harddrive and add games direct from the dvd drive but when i select any game on the harddrive to play the wii just locks up, .... i followed this guide to mod my wii http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

ive tried 2 usb loaders with the same result
    cfg usb loader = lock up on "booting wii game, please wait"
    usbloader-gx = black screen when i try to play a game

4.2e
    cios249 v17

2. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    could be a bad hard drive... but its sounds more like a problem a friend of mine had a few months ago

he transfered a bunch of games to his hard drive all at once using his shitty little laptop... well, 80% of the transfers wouldn't work (but he could see them as options in the loader like u can)... basically use a decent PC to set up your hard drive and give it another shot

3. newby1976
    OP

Jan 15, 2009
    even games copied direct from the wiis dvd drice wont play

4. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    try a different hard drive... r u using the most recent version of cfg loader?

i think its gotta be an incompatible hard drive (or lets call it less compatible since it semi-works). I would try a different hard drive, and if it works, then u have confirmed the problem is the hard drive, not the wii.

5. newby1976
    OP

Jan 15, 2009
    PROBLEM SOLVED .... the harddrive was to blame, i tried a sd card in a usb adaptor in usb socket in the back and everything works perfectly ..... very strange how the harddrive seems to do everything except play

is there anyway to know if a harddrive is compatible before buying? ... is there a list?

thanks xflak40

6. Christopho

Christopho GBAtemp Regular

Nov 29, 2009
    United States
  7. synicasm

synicasm Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2009
    United States
    I had the same issue, with a few old 80 gig Hd's that were not listed on the compatibility list Christopho linked to . It was hit or miss I finally found one to work. The others seemingly worked by locked up at some point loading or playing the games

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice