PS1/2 playing english patched japanese games on ps2 90001 model?

KentaZX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Knowing that I can buy myself an actual Copy of Namco X Capcom and JoJo Bizarre Adventure Vento Aureo, plus the fact one is translated already and the other is being worked on, I'm interested of getting my ps2 modded to play english translated games.

Now I've heard the 90001 is not able to use Free MCboot, so I'm stuck with either a mod chip, or swap magic to play burned games, but the questions is, what do I use for my purpose of playing imported and translated games?

If I'm stuck with needing a mod chip, then what would be the latest one to buy that works?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Early 90000s can use FreeMCBoot (data code 8B or less and a small number of data code 8C are compatible; the vast majority of chassis R consoles are not compatible)

The best chip is probably the Matrix Infinity (1.93), however they are long gone. The only thing still readily made and available are Modbos (which are Matrix clones of decent quality, unlike some others which can't save settings) and they are cheap enough to buy 2 of them ;)

All of these chips also have DEV1 mode, which allows booting directly a file on the memory card - effectively unlocking FreeMCBoot on "non-moddable" consoles!

Of course, when labor and current value of your console are considered against the price of an earlier and/or pre-chipped console...

KentaZX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Early 90000s can use FreeMCBoot (data code 8B or less and a small number of data code 8C are compatible; the vast majority of chassis R consoles are not compatible)

The best chip is probably the Matrix Infinity (1.93), however they are long gone. The only thing still readily made and available are Modbos (which are Matrix clones of decent quality, unlike some others which can't save settings) and they are cheap enough to buy 2 of them ;)

All of these chips also have DEV1 mode, which allows booting directly a file on the memory card - effectively unlocking FreeMCBoot on "non-moddable" consoles!

Of course, when labor and current value of your console are considered against the price of an earlier and/or pre-chipped console...

Okay so I check my ps2 again, and turns outs its an 90001 8D model. so I guess I have to go for the modchip then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.