1. Zizike

OP Zizike Member
    Newcomer

Hungary
    Hello!
    I want to play English games from the eShop on my Japanese 3DS, to be specific, Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies.

I was thinking about, would that be possible to purchase and download the game on my brother's European 2DS, then take the SD card and play the game with some sort of Homebrew app on my Japanese 3DS?

I have Homebrew installed, but I don't have Luma3DS yet, because I'm afraid that I do something wrong during the installing and brick my system or get banned.

I managed to play European games on my 3DS with HANS, but since the 3DS Ace Attorney games only came out digitally, I have no way to play it like that.

This idea may be kinda stupid, but that brings us to my second question: what other methods are there for me to play English games on my Japanese 3DS?

Thanks for the answers in advance!

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

United States
    Install Luma3DS and pirate the game and use locolazation feature of Luma3DS and No u can't use other users SD card

https://3ds.hacks.guide/

Last edited by Shadow#1, Jun 28, 2020
    TurdPooCharger and Zizike like this.
  3. tfocosta

tfocosta Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    One of my 3DS consoles is Japanese. In order to play games from other regions with one of the languages available in the game, you just need to install the CFW (check 3ds.hacks.guide), as mentioned above, and use the LumaLocaleSwitcher.cia to change the Region and Language of the games from system standard (Japanese) to the respective Region and Language of the *.cia file installed (game) using FBI. The FBI will be available in your console once you finish all the steps from the CFW installation (again, use the guide from 3ds.hacks.guide). If you follow all the steps carefully, there's no risk of bricking your console. But no one but yourself can be responsible in case anything goes wrong.

Let us know once you finish installing the CFW in case you have any questions about how to use the LumaLocaleSwitcher.

Last edited by tfocosta, Jun 30, 2020
    TurdPooCharger likes this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Japanese, Playing, English