Hacking Playing DVDs on a 4.0 Wii?

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see the DVDx installer for older systems, and a DVDx installer for system menu 3.4, but I'm wondering if there's a way, right now, to play DVD movies on the wii. I can't seem to find a DVDx for system menu 4.0

will Mplayer CE or GeexBox play DVDs without installing anythign extra?

nash79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can install DVDX if you have CIOS installed. I updated my buddy's which used to run 3.2E (with CIOS) to 4.0, then installed 4.0. I was able to install DVDX and a whole bunch of homebrew.

chaseincats

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you need a special version of geexbox to play dvds though because the option for me isnt showing up (running the newest one: alpha 7)

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ThaKillerKlown said:
What if you used the safe 4.0 update, can you put DVDx on it then?

If you were on 3.2 and updated to 4.0 via Waninkoko's updater, you can actually go so far as to install the 3.2 version of dvdx, with advanced options, allowing you to install to IOS202 and not only play dvds, but have full USB2.0 support within MPlayer-CE. Normally, you have to downgrade if you want USB2 support, but not if you used Waninkoko's updater. I did this myself only 2 days ago, and it worked like a charm.

Also, to the topic creator: if you're on 4.0 updated via Nintendo, and have Homebrew Channel/cIOS installed, then yes, you can still use dvdx. You just have to use the 3.4+ version, without advanced options. Only downside = no USB2.0 support via this method.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually you can install DVDX using even the old DVDX installers if you have all of you IOS's downgraded and or patched with the trucha signing bug. Thats what I did.
wink.gif

chaseincats

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im on 4.0 is that why i cant see the option in geexbox

i can play them in mplayer ce but navigating dvds in that player is terrible

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users