Playing DVD Movies

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by DjFIL, Sep 3, 2011.

Sep 3, 2011

Playing DVD Movies by DjFIL at 12:35 AM (677 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. DjFIL
    OP

Member DjFIL GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    I'm trying to get DVD movies to play on my Wii. My Wii is one of the earlier models that has no issues with playing burnt Wii/GC discs. My Wii is NTSC, working using component cables. Firmware is 4.2U, HBC is 1.0.8 (IOS61 v21.29). I believe I installed DVDX back when I did ModMii, is there an easy way to check if this is installed? I am able to load MPlayer (it is MPlayer CE Version 0.80 r658), and play divx from SD with no issues. When I try and play a DVD Movie Disc (not burnt, a retail DVD) it starts to load, says it's mounting the dvd, goes to a black screen, while doing this I hear the DVD drive making clicking sounds. Gave it 60+ seconds, but still no video or errors appear on screen. Any help would be appreciated... anything I'm missing our should check? I'd really like to use the Wii as a DVD player on my bedroom TV.

2. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    Install 202[60]v5.1 rodries mod.

You probably have base 57 (another common base for 202), which won't play DVD's.

3. DjFIL
    OP

Member DjFIL GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Didn't work, same result. Selected 249 to install with... installed 202 with base 60. No go. Any thing else?

4. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    Also install IOS58, then re-install the HBC.