Hacking Playing DVD Movies

icedaccord19

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey can the Wii play burned copies of DVD movies?? i have it hacked with homebrew and DVDx and mplayer...I can play regular DVD movies but my burned copies dont work. Thanks

nagnose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they can, but for some reason it only works when i burn the entire disc image, not just the rip of the movie

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mplayer-ce with dvdx and ios202 can do dvds. the freezing problem is just a part of mplayer-ce. doesn't always freeze, but it's pretty safe to assume you'll be dealing with that very often. there's no better solutions, so for now, we deal.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
codezer0 said:
I haven't even been able to get DVDX to play any at all, and that includes my regular DVD movies.
Did you run the latest HackMii installer? In that case it's because MPlayer CE hasn't been updated to work with DVDX's new titleid. If you install IOS202 DVD playback will work, however.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't aware that you were supposed to install something else to get DVDx to do its thing. I was always made to believe that once you install DVDx, you just pop in a disc and it would play somehow.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's how it usually works. But like I said, MPlayer CE doesn't work with the new DVDX yet. IOS202 can enable the same functionality completely independently of DVDX

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
TRushInfo said:
if u tell it to load a dvd it looks for DVD format, if its avi it wont read it off dvd
To clarify, make sure you're picking FILE, then browsing the DVD if you're trying to load something like an AVI or MKV from DVD. Also, you are best off installing IOS202, like the others said.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c