Hacking Playing dumps of own cartridge

LH1980

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone been banned for playing your own dump (xci) of your own game online?

I figure it might be safer going online with unique header key instead of scene dumps where everyone's going online with the same key.

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I figure it might be safer going online with unique header key instead of scene dumps where everyone's going online with the same key.

Don't recall of any one specific report but it's not a good idea. Running XCI's requires running CFW. Running CFW while going online is a risk for a ban. The surest way to play online without a ban is to use emunand while having a clean nand. Play your legit cartridges on system nand, and use all CFW on emunand.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

SX OS is not safe to use online even if you never install any nsp or run any xci. People have gotten banned just for running SX OS, going online and idling in the home menu.

Reactions: Albytrozz

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, people have been banned and this should not come as a surprise to anyone considering people have been banned for updating their .XCI files in OFW. Just assume anything regarding .XCI files is at risk for a ban. If you want some names, @PatrickD85 and @Darth Meteos come to mind as prime examples

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yep as @Draxzelex mentioned even being a whitehat "pirate" was not a good thing it seems. Own dumps nothing fancy and still got superbanned.

But well im ok with as mentioned before. I also have an ipatched system beside it so ... fun worlds either way. Still wish I could finally move those saves of the superbanned one ... but till this day that is not an option (right?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay