Playing backups on Waninkoko video demo/mini-review.

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by MarcusRaven, Jan 19, 2011.

1. MarcusRaven
    OP

Member MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

United States

Things I figured out since I made this video:
    1) It was in fact the Sonic 4 theme that caused issues, as I switched back to the Holiday dynamic theme and any flickering and freezing stopped.
    2) MultiMAN tricks the disc "channel" into thinking its whatever it loaded, hence why my Splatterhouse disc looked like it was the Nier disc.
    3) The PS3 will always revert to the XMB when the eject button is hit in-game as a "safety precaution."

Enjoy!

My rating is based only on how the firmware works for me, and not based on all the brick reports. The firmware worked for me, so it is reviewed as a working firmware.

2. zeromac

Member zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Australia
    What is this? Dosent this Wank guy develop for the Wii?

3. Nujui

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    Yeah he does, he just made a CFW for the ps3. Though only certain ps3 can work with his CFW. That's why a lot of people are bricking their ps3s.

4. MarcusRaven
    OP

United States
    Currently waiting on my recovery menu to revert to OFW, so I can test out the same loading processes on kmeaw's CFW. Will report back when I'm able.

While on OFW, I'm probably going to do a series on old-school emulators for PS3. I'll also switch back to that Sonic 4 theme to see if the theme itself really is that much of a burden. >.<

EDIT: Indeed, the Sonic 4 theme is such an overbearing theme that it flickers when returning to the XMB from anything on OFW. Guess I'll just find a good static image for Sonic 4, because I like the icons and sounds.

5. luke_c

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    This is not "news".
    EDIT: Re-opened and moved to appropriate section.

6. MarcusRaven
    OP

United States
    Thank you for fixing my error. I've finished my emulator review series, attempting to upload it now.

7. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Let me know if you can get LBP2 working without a disc. I just bought the f-ing game today hoping it would work without a disc. So far everything I have tried (besides CFW) has not worked. I don't dare go into CFW yet because I am still working on a open source nor flasher.