Playing backups on Sega Saturn in 2018. Options?

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Topic.

I guess, it's not possible to just burn the backups with a common/special program to a disc, right? Only a modchip, or a pre-flashed/self-flashed ActionReplay cart will do the trick, right? :( Is a simple Swap-trick possible?

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Topic.

I guess, it's not possible to just burn the backups with a common/special program to a disc, right? Only a modchip, or a pre-flashed/self-flashed ActionReplay cart will do the trick, right? :( Is a simple Swap-trick possible?

You can swap trick on the Saturn, although it's not an ideal method long term.

Reactions: Bonny

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
You're sure right. But i just want to test a few things, so this should work for me. Can the swap disc be burnt by myself or do i need to buy one?

The trick is to hold the drive door switch down with tape and at a certain point during the boot screen swap a retail disc for a burnt disc.

I cant recall the exact moment though and it can be hit or miss.

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's also another fork of Yabause, Kronos being worked on but we'll see how that goes. I'd also second just getting an Action Replay (or a pre-flashed PseudoSaturn) because I have no idea when Professor Abrasive will be done with the Satiator. As for the swap trick, it worked for me for years, but I'm also certain that's part of why my original Saturn's laser is dead (and why I want to get the Satiator). There's also the issue that lasers seem to be the thing that most fails on Saturns.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...