Hacking Playing backed up NTSC Brawl

AvEnGeR-X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've looked everywhere for a rock-hard-safe way of playing a backed up version of NTSC brawl (DVD9 or DVD5 version) on a PAL Wii. (modded).
Don't go saying "I haven't looked hard enough" just yet, ill explain what I found and what I need help with.

I don't get what is sooo bad about dupe channels. Can;t you just remove them with the Dupe channel remover and thats that? Just play the game?
Is the one where you turn the Wii off at 15% safe? I'm scared about doing that....but is there really much point in taking the risk if you have the Dupe channel remover?

Why can't you just burn brick-blocked Brawl to DVD9, then play?

Thanks in advance guys.

P.S. If for some reason, you can't get rid of the Dupe channels and still play Brawl, explain what the Dupe channels do to your Wii? (take up more space, a nuisance, Nintendo hates you, blah blah).

trent_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dupe channels have no ill effects, people just bitch because it's two extra channels. Move them to the far right screen and you'll have no problem whatsoever. I hear the 15% trick works, but I don't see any reason to try.

The dupe channels can be removed with the dupe channel remover, but they'll get put back on next time to try playing Brawl again.

Rhaegar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brawl also requires an update that isnt yet available via the internet. The update also comes with mario kart, so if you've played that you can simply brickblock brawl and it should work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Switching my home routing/firewall solution from pfsense to OPNsense. Boy how I hate networking...