thawkins1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok I need a little help when ever I plug my external hdd and go to Mplayer and select load files from USB. I get a blank path and then if I press a I get a code dump. Is there any specific way i have to set up the hdd for it to read the files from it?

I've tried Mplayer 0.7, and MplayerDVDx but get a code dump on both of them.......
Any help please?

picano

Trophies
Website
soifall.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... I recently had that experience... just an hour ago even. I'd also like to know.

But anyway, I use GeeXboX for most of my stuff --- works perfectly fine and displays both partitions on my external drive... (just kind of pissed me off today though... it would freeze upon loading that damned new episode of Dr Who...)

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
I get that at times, i can ussually fix it though by returning to the HBC, unplugging my external hard drives power supply, plugging it back in and relativly quickly loading up mplayer again. i found that the main reason for the dump seems to be that mplayer causes hard drives to stall/crash, same reason for the black screen, that or the harddrive has gone to sleep. I use either the offical mplayer (0.7 i think) or the one with youtube support, the original tends to be better though i feel. Hope that helps
smile.gif

charlieawesome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thawkins1 said:
Yea I tried Geexbox alpha 4 but it just freezes and I can't find alpha 3 :/

Have you even tried looking for alpha 3? It comes up as one of the first google searches if you actually search for it. And it's on the official Geexbox Wii thread on the Geexbox forum.

thawkins1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
charlieawesome said:
thawkins1 said:
Yea I tried Geexbox alpha 4 but it just freezes and I can't find alpha 3 :/

Have you even tried looking for alpha 3? It comes up as one of the first google searches if you actually search for it. And it's on the official Geexbox Wii thread on the Geexbox forum.

Yea I found it and it works! Now to find a wad of it...
biggrin.gif

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thawkins1 said:
Ok I need a little help when ever I plug my external hdd and go to Mplayer and select load files from USB. I get a blank path and then if I press a I get a code dump. Is there any specific way i have to set up the hdd for it to read the files from it?

I've tried Mplayer 0.7, and MplayerDVDx but get a code dump on both of them.......
Any help please?

Is your HDD formatted in NTFS? If so that's why MPlayer cannot read it. Use GeeXboX alpha3 (I use alpha2) and it will work with NTFS HDDs.

cucukshow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
same problem with 250gig wd passport drive. fat32

it used to work fine, sometimes not mounting.

now every time no matter what i tried it does not mount.

but of course still ok working in laptop......

shame

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so whats the best here alpha 2/3/ or 4? All available HERE

Iv been using a 160gb pocket drive fat32 formatted with mplayer agentx mod until now, and all of a sudden im getting files that load, buffer then go back to the root folder, or movies that start but have green lines at the bottom and or are stretched diagonally!?

im guessing these problems are to do with encoding (and possibly my drive producing corrupt copied files from my PC) but its really pissing me off now.

KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2