Hacking Playing any (licensed) game on 3DS, 9.2 with FBI?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have bad memories from this guide. It was this that bricked my 3DS. And I can't see any point in stopping at part 3, since you wouldn't boot in to SysNAND by default.
the point of stopping there is exactly that to not use sysnand but have a basic cfw setup (using emunand) instead of a9lh sysnand only because
I have bad memories from this guide. It was this that bricked my 3DS

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Well, what I wrote earlier made it seem like it was the guides fault, but it wasn't. I know it was my own mistake.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sure does... :/

jar-cat-made-a-terrible-mistake-18266.jpg

Reactions: Tizm and ArviDroid

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
the point of stopping there is exactly that to not use sysnand but have a basic cfw setup (using emunand) instead of a9lh sysnand only because
So you suggest that I should have booted into RedNAND every time I would want to play a game? I find that inconvenient...

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
ok . . . so you yourself bricked once over trying saving 15 seconds of boot time and somehow still find the prospect (risk and all) continent . . . odd
No, that wasn't actually the cause. I started this thread to see if I was able to play any .cia game that was licensed on 9.2, with FBI. Before, when I used the guide, I thought that the only way to play those .cias were if you followed through with the whole guide. From the things that other people told me and what I thought, I tried to follow the whole guide. And failed...

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait so you did not even know the alternatives

see gbatemp this is why i hate that guide people believe its so good they never explain that its a choice
Except, he did sort of know. No one who initially helped him was shoving A9LH down his throat.

Original Thread: http://gbatemp.net/threads/playing-cias-on-9-2.431481/

We mentioned he had the choice to go the extra mile and install A9LH if he wanted a 100% bootrate.

No I did not know any alternatives, even though I thought they existed.
Except, it's not true.

Plailect's A9LH Guide, is a good basis to get your menuhax+rednand//emunand setup going. From there, you just look at improving the boot rate. I'll quote my post from that thread again.

This is sort of right and wrong.

If you want to go for a MenuHax+EmuNAND//RedNAND setup, then don't stop at part 3. Stop on Part 4, Section I, Step 26. This is so you have proper NAND backups of both your EmuNAND and SysNAND, as well as have injected FBI into your EmuNAND.

Then once that's done, change your menuhax configuration to something that suits you, like type 2 autoboot, or however you want to trigger your menuhax that fits your needs.

Then look into improving your menuhax bootrate by looking at this link:
Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-improve-menuhax-boot-rate-to-nearly-100.410764/

No, do what I told you and stop on Part 4, Section I, Step 26. Forget about NASA, NASA only does legit CIAs. FBI let's you install all those dirty CIAs.

However, if you want to go the extra mile, like Snowdori said, then finish the whole guide, to have A9LH+CFW+Updated SysNAND, and not have to deal with menuhax or having to use an EmuNAND//RedNAND, unless and only if you choose and decide to have an EmuNAND//RedNAND in your setup with A9LH.

Reactions: Kyojin and wormdood

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I did not know any alternatives, even though I thought they existed.
just follow the guide until you have rednand then i will help you with the rest
edit:
I'll quote my post from that thread again.
i see . . . idk if you know but you could have did a drag and drop on the post number from that thread (instead of a quote) to link me to your post in that thread . . . like so #13 (it was the 13th post)

Last edited by wormdood,

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Except, he did sort of know. No one who initially helped him was shoving A9LH down his throat.

Original Thread: http://gbatemp.net/threads/playing-cias-on-9-2.431481/

We mentioned he had the choice to go the extra mile and install A9LH if he wanted a 100% bootrate.

Except, it's not true.

Plailect's A9LH Guide, is a good basis to get your menuhax+rednand//emunand setup going. From there, you just look at improving the boot rate. I'll quote my post from that thread again.
Ok then, perhaps people told me other things. *bad excuse incoming* I didn't understand everything everyone said or what all the 3DS stuff ment since english isn't my primary language and that I am a total N00B when it comes to 3DS hacking. I didn't want to be too rude so I didn' ask for details since people had already hepled me. Yes this is the first forum I've been on.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

just follow the guide until you have rednand then i will help you with the rest
edit: i see . . . idk if you know but you could have did a drag and drop on the post number from that thread (instead of a quote) to link me to your post in that thread . . . like so #13 (it was the 13th post)
Thanks. I'll need a 3DS to do that though. And I don't have any atm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)