Hacking Playing a WiiU backup with Loadiine (5.5.0)

Famicon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you modded vWii/Wii U Kernel or both?
Yes, I've exploited the kernel.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thing is, I'm trying to run a game on Loadiine but I have to start it in SSB mode and it won't let me start that game while online unless I update, and it keeps giving me that error code. I went into Wii mode and uninstalled the Homebrew channel with Hackmii but that didn't work.

newluigidev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then just remove the wiiu folder from your SD Card. Back it up first (the wiiu folder). If it lets you update your console, do so, then put the 'wiiu' folder back onto your SD Card, and try launching Mario Kart 8 again. Once again, good luck :)

Famicon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then just remove the wiiu folder from your SD Card. Back it up first (the wiiu folder). If it lets you update your console, do so, then put the 'wiiu' folder back onto your SD Card, and try launching Mario Kart 8 again. Once again, good luck :)
I once tried the update without any SD card, as in no SD card inserted in the console, and the same thing happened. So unless the Wii U needs the SD card to perform the upgrade, the problem would have to be with my network.

newluigidev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I once tried the update without any SD card, as in no SD card inserted in the console, and the same thing happened. So unless the Wii U needs the SD card to perform the upgrade, the problem would have to be with my network.
Have you tried it recently? (the no SD Card update method?)

newluigidev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I have, I'm trying it now and it keeps giving me that error still.
Well, the only thing I could think of now is formatting your Wii U so you can start fresh with 5.5.X, and then try again. (backup your Wii U HDD using a harddrive to keep all of your saves ect.)

Famicon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the only thing I could think of now is formatting your Wii U so you can start fresh with 5.5.X, and then try again. (backup your Wii U HDD using a harddrive to keep all of your saves ect.)
I'm only doing that as a last resort. I removed both HBC and Riivolution channels from my vWii, but I'm not sure how my Wii U could have soft mods on it if it doesn't have an SD Card inserted.

newluigidev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm only doing that as a last resort. I removed both HBC and Riivolution channels from my vWii, but I'm not sure how my Wii U could have soft mods on it if it doesn't have an SD Card inserted.
Ahh, OK. Have you loaded anything into memory? (Using DDD, Loadiine ect)

Famicon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then. That's what its detecting as a softmod. Hard reset the console (hold the POWER button for 4 seconds)
I did, and then I tried running the update again, and it still didn't work. Would the sites I visited in the internet browser to initiate the softmods count too?

newluigidev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did, and then I tried running the update again, and it still didn't work. Would the sites I visited in the internet browser to initiate the softmods count too?
Which websites? Like the Kernel Exploit page? If so, yes. Clear ALL of your website data (cookies, web history ect.)

Famicon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which websites? Like the Kernel Exploit page? If so, yes. Clear ALL of your website data (cookies, web history ect.)
Does this include bookmarks? I cleared all cookies/saved data but not the bookmarks and it still won't update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2