OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so it's been since January since I powered on my Wii. I was up to date at that point except I still Have Menu 4.1. I just never messed around with custom Nands. So i fired up FCEugx and all my games on my usb drive worked fine. It then prompted that an update was avaliable and I updated in the normal fashion. I expected this for a lot of my homebrew. Now FCEUGX won't read my USB Drive. I went into the homebrew browser. That also prompted me to update. I did and now it wont get past the initilizing network prompt. Is this cause im on 4.1? Is this another issue? I stopped updating after these two programs stopped working. Is there any big developments I missed in 6 months? USBLoader Gx still runs games off the Harddrive fine. I did not update that program either.

Any help would be appreciated. I spent a lot of time trying to browse this forum but there seems to be so much new it is over whelming.

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
This has nothing to do with your Wii still being on 4.1!

You may have updated to the latest version of FCEUGX which reportedly has problems recognizing many HDD's (I cant tell you for sure since I still use my SD card for emulators)! Wait for an update to all of Tantric's emulators which will hopefully be soon!

As for the Homebrew Browser...maybe try it again...I have had problems with it immediately after updating it too!

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
buckely said:
thanks, i'll have to try that when i get home. Is it worth updating my system menu or does everything run on 4.1?

If you mean games then yes. Other stuff, I'm not sure but everything should work with 4.1 basically.

Paah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
buckely said:
Homebrew browser still crashes or hangs on the initilizing network stage. On another note, is there anything new worth checking out since january?
Wait in the HBC until the network icon stops blinking. If it remains dark, restart HBC. If it lights up, go to homebrew browser. Atleast works for me, it seems to have some issues with initializing the network, but if you let HBC handle that then it should work fine.

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kryptical said:
buckely said:
thanks, i'll have to try that when i get home. Is it worth updating my system menu or does everything run on 4.1?

If you mean games then yes. Other stuff, I'm not sure but everything should work with 4.1 basically.
NO! You do not need to update your System Menu.

All you have to do is update the IOS's. I don't know what IOS's are new since 4.1.

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Do not update as System menu 4.3 kills homebrew! Keep your Wii at 4.1....atm it can run anything!

As for what's new , try Wiimc a cool media player though download version 1.04 as 1.05 has some bugs!

WiiRadio is also cool..allowing you to stream from different radio stations from around the world!

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
harmor said:
Kryptical said:
buckely said:

NO! You do not need to update your System Menu.

All you have to do is update the IOS's. I don't know what IOS's are new since 4.1.

Yea thats what I meant for the last part of his sentence. "or does everything run on 4.1?"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality