1. 2,733

Front-page
    PlaygroundAnnounceHERO-hero.jpg

Playground Games is known for creating the Forza Horizon series of games, and was a major developer for Microsoft until they were bought out entirely prior to E3 2018. Since the buyout, the developer is taking a larger role on at Microsoft, and is currently developing something other than Forza Horizon 4. The unannounced game is an open world RPG, for certain, and rumors state that it might be Fable 4. Playground hired on staff such as Martin Lancaster, narrative scriptwriter for the Batman Arkham games over at Rocksteady, Chris Goodal who is a lead animator at Ninja Theory and worked on DmC and Hellblade, a QA worker named Rob Den Dekker credited for working on the first two Fable games, and former Guerrilla Games and Bungie artist Joe McKernan.

:arrow: Source

2. Discussion (15 replies)

3. xBleedingSoulx

xBleedingSoulx GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    My body is ready for Fable 4. I so hope the rumours are right.

4. Captain_Smek

Captain_Smek GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Damn I never even thought of that but these guys are open world wizards so it would work =)

5. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Fable 4 is very lucky in the sense that there's almost no possible way it could ever be worse than Fable 3. That game hit rock bottom, and the drilled through the rock to the molten core of the earth where it just died alone.

If it actually captures the parts that made Fable 1 so amazing, i'll be happy. Definitely not expecting anything though, Playground was a pretty weird team to get for it. Buuut anything was better than Lionhead.

6. Vieela

Vieela GBATemp's official thinker™

Brazil
    It's sad to see everyone hating Lionhead. I mean, i loved The Movies ):

7. SG854

SG854 If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It

Comoros
    Wow, thats deep.

Peloisan, x65943 and Obveron like this.
  8. AT-LOWDeSu

AT-LOWDeSu Advanced Member

United States
    I think a killer RPG is the one thing that could get me to buy an xbox one.

That said i'd still hope for a PC release..

9. Chary

OP Chary Never sleeps.
    Senior Editor

United States
    Every major first party Microsoft Xbox IP gets a PC release. Guaranteed. It's their policy these days.

x65943 and HaloEliteLegend like this.
  10. HaloEliteLegend

United States
    If the Xbox gets a killer RPG, you can be sure it'll also be on PC. Because of their whole policy around Xbox exclusives also being available on Windows 10, there's really no reason to buy an Xbox One if you have a good PC.

11. AT-LOWDeSu

AT-LOWDeSu Advanced Member

United States
    That's what I thought too, but they never seem to give us Halo games-- so I thought they'd hold their most successful games/franchises closely to the Xbox brand. But I guess Halo could be the exception rather than the rule.

12. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    also i doubt this rpg will be on xbox one, probably will be for their next console launch title i bet.

13. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

United Kingdom
    A mainline Halo hasn't been made since the announcement: the upcoming Infinity will also be made for PC, MS should really think about porting their other titles over actually - MCC especially would be a big seller.
    As for the news, well Playground haven't made a bad game yet, with Horizon 3 being peerless (though their own sequel might topple it by the looks of things!) Better still as Captain_Smek said they've already proven they can make excellent open worlds.. but this will be a new team.
    No Horizon for next year of course, so maybe we'll see it then, could be a good un!

14. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Italy
    fable series were always boring as hell to me, Elder scroll for life!

15. Chary

OP Chary Never sleeps.
    Senior Editor

United States
    Halo 5 and MCC both came out before the new "play anywhere initiative" which is why they're still console exclusives. Halo 6, though it hasn't been confirmed yet, is coming to PC, along with the Halo: Infinite game we saw at E3. Rare Replay would probably be on PC, as well...if it released a few years later than it did.

16. IP60
    This message by IP60 has been removed from public view by Chary, Aug 1, 2018, Reason: Offtopic.
    Aug 1, 2018 Show
  17. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Maniac

Brazil
    Very nice. If it's half as good a RPG as Forza Horizon 3 is as a racing game it'll be one of the best RPGs out there.

18. NostalgicPoet

NostalgicPoet Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I love RPGs. I'll be sure to look into it when more information is available.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Playground, Rocksteady, Guerrilla