Players may experience slower or delayed download speeds, as Sony "manages" PSN traffic

PlayStation-Logo.jpg

You might want to make sure to pre-load games or get your downloads in as early as you can, on the PlayStation 4. Sony Interactive Entertainment announced that they would be working to ensure the stability of the PlayStation Network in Europe by carefully managing the heightened traffic due to recent country-wide lockdowns. According to Sony themselves, European PlayStation owners will have to deal with "somewhat slower" or "delayed" game download speeds from their servers. The statement was also posted to the North American Official PlayStation Blog, though it did not specify users in that region specifically. This follows other tech-related companies throttling or slowing speeds, to help deal with so many people using services like Netflix or YouTube, or after both Xbox Live and Nintendo Online services both suffered down-time.

UPDATE: If you are in the United States, as of March 26th, you will now be experiencing slower download speeds on PSN, as Sony is throttling traffic there as well.

:arrow: Source

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP

DAMN SONY! with trying to help the systems of the world right now helping with this crisis.

you poor guy what will you ever do !

Glad the Playstation 4 has no games worth playing

how can a system have good games if you cant buy it right?

ImLEBrAn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
DAMN SONY! with trying to help the systems of the world right now helping with this crisis.

you poor guy what will you ever do !

So you want me to post a picture of my ps4 pro with timestamp?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
"We apologize for the inconvenience. When we planned the network we never expected THE ENTIRE FUCKING WORLD TO STAY HOME ALL AT ONCE, so we are slightly overloaded. We apologize for this gross oversight on our part. Thank you for your understanding."

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia

Honestly this is the greatest comeback to an obvious troll I can think of. Kudos.

More in line with this thread... Everyone just relax. Play games while other games download. Jeez. It's not like you have to sit there and if you look away it stops working.

Reactions: Flame

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Honestly this is the greatest comeback to an obvious troll I can think of. Kudos.

More in line with this thread... Everyone just relax. Play games while other games download. Jeez. It's not like you have to sit there and if you look away it stops working.

No, but it is freaking annoying as someone from the Netherlands...
One(?) Country has a little problem, fuck over the entire EU and don't give them a discount...
And it wasn't fast to begin with...

I could literally download doom 2016 on my pc a couple of times, whilst the PS4 is busy updating MH:W...
So guess which one has the most impact on the entire network...

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
One(?) Country has a little problem, fuck over the entire EU and don't give them a discount...
:huh:

You, uh, know that thousands of people (and no, they're not crisis actors...) are dying around the world?

This isn't Italy's "little problem" (>6,800 deaths) China's (>3,200 deaths) or America's (>670 deaths). This is literally a pandemic by every measure of the word.

You might want to look at your choice of words or do research beforehand.

Edit: Btw the Netherlands alone has over 5,500 cases and 270 deaths.

Last edited by Ericzander,

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
About the only amazing exclusive I can think of is Persona 5 - and soon Persona 5 Royal.
Spyro's on Switch and PC too (I think), Assassin's Creed Origins is also on PC, same with Watch_Dogs and Star Wars: Fallen Order.
...I guess God of War's also an exclusive, but I never got too far into that. Same with the Uncharted remasters and 4. Kingdom Hearts too; only ever finished II in that collection. I can't think of any other exclusives.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Eh. As long as it doesn't cause any lag in FF14 or in any way delay my acquisition of FF7 Remake, I really don't care all that much. Barely playing online at the moment. Most of my usual games are infested with the kind of idiotic 12 year olds with cheap mics and bad attitudes that I try to avoid. Normally they're all at school or whatever but thanks to this virus they have nothing better to do all day than getting shot in the face by me then giving me abuse for shooting them in a game all about shooting them. Guess to their fetal-alcohol syndrome riddled brains the words 'death match' and 'personal sand pit' are interchangeable.

Reactions: Pluupy and duwen

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Eh. As long as it doesn't cause any lag in FF14 or in any way delay my acquisition of FF7 Remake, I really don't care all that much. Barely playing online at the moment. Most of my usual games are infested with the kind of idiotic 12 year olds with cheap mics and bad attitudes that I try to avoid. Normally they're all at school or whatever but thanks to this virus they have nothing better to do all day than getting shot in the face by me then giving me abuse for shooting them in a game all about shooting them. Guess to their fetal-alcohol syndrome riddled brains the words 'death match' and 'personal sand pit' are interchangeable.
Savage. Can I hire you to be my (verbal) assassin?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1