Homebrew WIP PlayerNX - Finally, a (PoC) homebrew video player!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yes, really. Let me explain it to you. You are comparing a a S7 Edge with a 1440 x 2560 screen to a 720p screen. So you will not get more details on the Switch. I hope I made it clear enough for you.
Not really an issue at that screen size. Realistically you won't see all the detail on a phone screen, so it might end up about roughly equal to the Switch in terms of how much detail you can see. But because the Switch's screen is bigger, the details aren't so fucking tiny, making it nicer to watch videos on. Plus, bigger is always better when it comes to watching videos.
Wait, are you telling me the switch can't play videos natively ??
It can play video clips you've recorded from the album AFAIK but that's about it. Maybe the album could be modded to load our own videos.
Resolution shoudnt be a reason to crash, I also tried a 4k video and it only rendered a small part, but rendered ok

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok guys, new release of PlayerNX! https://github.com/XorTroll/PlayerNX/releases/tag/0.2

Changelog:
  • The UI has been rebuilt: now the console is only opened when an error happens.
  • More formats are supported now: MP4, FLV, AVI, WEBM, WMV, MKV, 3GP
  • Now you can browse between videos: place all videos under sdmc:/media folder and enjoy!
View attachment 142624
Does H264 work yet? That's what most things you download will be in so it's not very useful if that's not supported.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if I didn't already have a Switch, I'd run out and buy one since it now meets my requirements for a handheld. Emulators and Pr0n.

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloaded this video in all the available resolutions in mkv format and:

144p and 360p are working fine (video displayed on the top left corner - obviously no audio)
240p and 480p not working properly (black backgound with white moving lines inside)
720p works fine but it is slow (obviously no audio)
1080p switch crashes with a white screen (need to hold power button for 10-15 seconds to shut it off)

I hope this helps digging out bugs :)

Falki14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How i can compile this? i have install all ffmpeg libs but i become errors that make doenst find the libs. how do you intigrate the libs?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the project has just been released, what do you mean "still" ? it's active, it's from this month.
it's not like there have been no news for month.

Last edited by Cyan,

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Wrong question. VLC is open-source and plays pretty much EVERYTHING.

So does mplayer. Well anything of relevance. And it has been ported to devkitpro libraries before which would hopefully give you a usable base.

Porting vlc would have to be an entirely new project and a brand new gui wouldnt it?

Reactions: tiliarou

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does mplayer. Well anything of relevance. And it has been ported to devkitpro libraries before which would hopefully give you a usable base.

Porting vlc would have to be an entirely new project and a brand new gui wouldnt it?
not entirely. I mean, it's ported over to all sorts of phones, so touch-screen friendly GUI is already done, and any core issues with compiling for ARM are already taken care of. My guess is that it's no harder than anything else, as far as porting goes.

Last edited by urherenow,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free