Homebrew WIP PlayerNX - Finally, a (PoC) homebrew video player!

XorTroll

Switching between my 2DS and my Switch
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
I hope TX will 'borrow' the code and built this into SXOS 2.0, it will be so convenient.
They can easily borrow the code as it is public, but if they borrow directly MY code and not just ffmpeg libs... Without giving any credit...
I keep saying the same, for me SX OS is the cancer of the scene.

D

Deleted User

does it need a specific resolution, i played a 4k video and it crashed my switch

XorTroll

Switching between my 2DS and my Switch
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
does it need a specific resolution, i played a 4k video and it crashed my switch
Resolution shoudnt be a reason to crash, I also tried a 4k video and it only rendered a small part, but rendered ok

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok guys, new release of PlayerNX! https://github.com/XorTroll/PlayerNX/releases/tag/0.2

Changelog:
  • The UI has been rebuilt: now the console is only opened when an error happens.
  • More formats are supported now: MP4, FLV, AVI, WEBM, WMV, MKV, 3GP
  • Now you can browse between videos: place all videos under sdmc:/media folder and enjoy!
2018090823411600-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg

Last edited by XorTroll,

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason I suggest TX to integrate a video player into SXOS is because current hardware accelerated API is proprietary and cannot be used by open source project like this. SXOS is already illegal, their code is not on GitHub - no one cares what they put inside their boot.dat.

yencid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Videos loaded well and played great. As a proof of concept it got me excited for the future where i can load my movies on it and watch on the go.

heres to audio and better frame rate!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay