Gaming Played BOTW while online, am I f**ked?

Dungeonseeker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't laugh, it wasn't my fault.

I disconnected my Wii U to play yesterday then this morning my brother went on it and obviously reconnected it without me knowing so I spent 3 hours playing today while online. I only found out when I stopped playing and it starting downloading a BOTW update.

Am I fucked now? Will Ninty ban me?

krepandus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I really doubt it. If you search through the forum posts you'll see that it happened to other users also. Just download the new update (v33, is it?) and delete the old one. I'm downloading it as we speak via uTikDownloadHelper.

Btw, I am by no means an expert, but I think I'm right about this. Anyone?

Dungeonseeker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm worried because when Pokémon leaked on the DS Nintendo banned hundreds of users who played online early.

Guess I'll have to see what happens.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm worried because when Pokémon leaked on the DS Nintendo banned hundreds of users who played online early.

Played online "INGAME"
not connected to internet while playing, using online functions (GTS, trading, battling) for the game

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Yes that's because they played the online mode but botw has no online features so nintendo have ni way of knowing if you are playing it early

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes that's because they played the online mode but botw has no online features so nintendo have ni way of knowing if you are playing it early
If you don't know, don't spread false truth. God help people who blindly believe statements like this.

They have several ways to see that. They can easily see if the console connected to the Internet requesting an update from servers.
They can see activity log next time you connect.
Ad probably half a dozen different (hidden from our eyes) ways to see what apps were ran or Phone-home scripts.

I'm here with a legit copy waiting for official release to start playing. :(

Last edited by fatsquirrel,

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you don't know, don't spread false truth. God help people who blindly believe statements like this.

They have several ways to see that. They can easily see if the console connected to the Internet requesting an update from servers.
They can see activity log next time you connect.
Ad probably half a dozen different (hidden from our eyes) ways to see what apps were ran or Phone-home scripts.

I'm here with a legit copy waiting for official release to start playing. :(
Explain me one thing then how are the able to differentiate between a person at home who is playing the game early and a person who legitimately works for a game magazine/website/tv programme who has the game for review purposes are you seriously telling me they are going to ban everyone including the media who are reviewing the game. No they are not because they can't tell who is from the media and who is not.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Explain me one thing then how are the able to differentiate between a person at home who is playing the game early and a person who legitimately works for a game magazine/website/tv programme who has the game for review purposes are you seriously telling me they are going to ban everyone including the media who are reviewing the game. No they are not because they can't tell who is from the media and who is not.

Pokemon SuMo reviewers got ban hammered too you know :wink:
Also I believe Nintendo can see if game was launched via disc or other way (Brazilian, eshop)

Edit: I'm not doomsayer for bannhammer but don't blindly believe you are safe. Especially if you played the leaked version. Reviewers and early players have their copies to show and/or also receipts.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pokemon SuMo reviewers got ban hammered too you know :wink:
Also I believe Nintendo can see if game was launched via disc or other way (Brazilian, eshop)
Because they were told not to use the online features and they did. Also nintendo can't ban you because of the time stamp not everyone sets the time/date correctly like impatient kids when they get the wiiu just rush through all the settings ect. They also could not ban you for updating the game early because again that is not proof you are playing the game it's just proof of someone getting the game ready to play on launch day. Anyway people don't worry I played color splash two weeks early and never got banned and I played hyrule warriors early as well no ban. Nintendo has only ever banned people on wiiu for cheating online.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Because they were told not to use the online features and they did. Also nintendo can't ban you because if the time stamp not everyone sets the time/date correctly like impatient kids when they get the wiiu just rush through all the settings

You have to be kidding now, right? Please tell me you are trolling

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
You have to be kidding now, right? Please tell me you are trolling
Dude you are just paranoid, they can check all that but nintendo security sucks ass, the game has no online function, it does not use their servers actively, sun and moon were an online featured games, I played sun and moon before the release with online connectivity but I never used their online service, no ban, everything good, I am even playing the EUR version with my USA console lol

Reactions: AmandaRose

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Dude you are just paranoid, they can check all that but nintendo security sucks ass, the game has no online function, it does not use their servers actively, sun and moon were an online featured games, I played sun and moon before the release with online connectivity but I never used their online service, no ban, everything good, I am even playing the EUR version with my USA console lol
I agree I am paranoid, but don't think for a second its impossible. They arent robots so their moves cannot be predicted :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1