All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
There are games I'd like to try, but I'm not sure of their playability because of certain parameters.... Can you help?

I'll list the reason why I'm not sure by each game.
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 | I have not yet finished Devil Survivor and would like to understand the game story-wise...but I can't check if the two games are interconnected enough to require finishing the first to understand the second because if I do, I may find spoilers for the first game.
  • Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow | I have not yet finished Aria of Sorrow and would like to understand the game story-wise...but I can't check if the two games are interconnected enough to require finishing the first to understand the second because if I do, I may find spoilers for the first game.
  • Diner Dash: Flo on the Go | I have heard that the touch controls are iffy and would like to know if this a better game to get than Sizzle and Serve, but I can't see any difference between the two games.
  • Diner Dash: Sizzle and Serve | I would like to know if this a better game to get than Flo on the Go, but I can't see any difference between the two games.
  • Dragonology | I saw a few videos of the game, and I already know that it's a disappointment compared to other versions of the game, but is this at least worth trying?
  • Ed, Edd 'n Eddy: Scam of the Century | I already know most of these kinds of games are mediocre, but is this worth it if you're a fan of the show?
  • Lode Runner | Japan-only, no translation patch released, and I'm not sure if this is easy for a beginner to pick up and play
  • Stitch! | Japan-only, no translation patch, and I'm not sure if this is easy for a beginner to pick up and play

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
There are games I'd like to try, but I'm not sure of their playability because of certain parameters.... Can you help?

I'll list the reason why I'm not sure by each game.
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 | I have not yet finished Devil Survivor and would like to understand the game story-wise...but I can't check if the two games are interconnected enough to require finishing the first to understand the second because if I do, I may find spoilers for the first game.

• You don't have to play the first Devil Survivor to play the 2nd. The stories aren't linked together. Its like Persona 2 and 3 there are some references in 3 but it doesn't affect the gameplay at all.

Reactions: 1 person

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The only other game was Scam of the century, I kinda forced myself to play it, it's ok I guess, the difficulty can be irritating sometimes though.
Irritating as in too hard or irritating as in too easy?

Yeah there's definitely a spoiler that gets revealed in Dan of Sorrow. It shouldn't take the fun out if it though.
I actually kind of play Castlevania games for the story. Ever since Curse of Darkness for the N64.

You don't have to play the first Devil Survivor to play the 2nd. The stories aren't linked together. Its like Persona 2 and 3 there are some references in 3 but it doesn't affect the gameplay at all.
Ah. That's good. So I can play Devil Survivor 2 now... One of my friends won't berate me for not playing it now.

I asked her and she said Devil Survivor 2 could not be played without information from the first game. I guess she was wrong or was referring to the wrong information (such as the demons and the references to the first game).

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
You don't have to play the first Devil Survivor to play the 2nd. The stories aren't linked together. Its like Persona 2 and 3 there are some references in 3 but it doesn't affect the gameplay at all.
Ah. That's good. So I can play Devil Survivor 2 now... One of my friends won't berate me for not playing it now.

I asked her and she said Devil Survivor 2 could not be played without information from the first game. I guess she was wrong or was referring to the wrong information (such as the demons and the references to the first game).
Well gameplay wise its the same as the 1st game. Demons will always return in MegaTen games (just look at Persona) so don't worry.

Thats the good thing about MegaTen games most of them can be played without playing the others in the series. I think she just got confused.

Reactions: 1 person

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lode runner shouldn't matter if it's in Japanese, but I'm getting this from my copy of the GB game, so..

That sounds promising.
Looked it up a bit, and it does have different gamemodes, but it's not a game with a story. You should be able to enjoy it if you can navigate the menu.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Lode runner shouldn't matter if it's in Japanese, but I'm getting this from my copy of the GB game, so..

That sounds promising.
Looked it up a bit, and it does have different gamemodes, but it's not a game with a story. You should be able to enjoy it if you can navigate the menu.
I've navigated complicated Japanese menus without context before, so it shouldn't be too hard. I've never played Japan-only games before without a translation patch except for music and rhythm games like Taiko no Tatsujin DS, Daigasso Band Brothers DX, and Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan, but this shouldn't be much different.

Though I don't even know what Lode Runner is. I've never played it before or seen any videos. All I know is that it's fun and on the DS it's Japan-only with no translation patch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1