1. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    There's almost no risk to your "real" games. I should point out that it's always good practice to periodically backup your save files using something like SaveMii. Otherwise, you risk losing everything in the event of an HDD failure unrelated to whether or not you installed DLC.

2. misterdarvus

misterdarvus GBAtemp Regular

Indonesia
    I suggest to seek some unused thumbdrive laying around that is big enough, plug it on your Wii U (remove your HDD beforehand), and experiment from there.
    If the installation is successful, then you may move it to your main HDD

3. wiiztec

wiiztec GBAtemp Fan

United States
    How do I safely access the shop to download the language pack?

4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    If you haven't already done so, you should block updates using the proper DNS settings and/or deleting the update folder on your NAND. After you're done with one or both of those update-blocking mechanisms, you can run NNU-Patcher to enter the eShop and download the language pack.

5. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Former Staff

France
    Or you don't need to use NNUpatcher if you are already using 5.5.2
    as long as there's no new update you can just access eShop without protection, but having DNS or deleted update folder are both safe methods you should use even on 5.5.2, just in case of new unexpected firmware update.

6. Cyber Akuma

Cyber Akuma GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You said it works on other games. How would it work on something like Pikmin 3 where you can't purchase the DLC from the eshop and it has to be purchased from in-game?

Also, woulden't you still need to know the ticket number for any other game you wanted to do this to? Is there a list anywhere?

7. raphamotta

OP raphamotta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

It works fine with pikmin. A friend of mine got a dlc using Nintendo Club promotion and did this method. Other gbatemp user did it with wiiu sports where you also need to buy the dlc in game.

You need to use tik2sd to find your game and this site can help too

http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Title_database

Last edited by raphamotta, Mar 22, 2018
    Madridi, suzsuzuki and Cyber Akuma like this.
  8. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

Qatar
    It doesn't matter how it's purchased, as long as it is purchased. Eshop or ingame. The end result is both cases is that you get a legit ticket.

Cyber Akuma and raphamotta like this.
  9. Cyber Akuma

United States
    Is there a better topic I can talk about other games for this? Since I tried these exact steps with other games but it's not working and just corrupting my DLC, and I don't want to spam the BOTW topic with another game.

10. raphamotta

In the beginning I created a thread for each game (MK, SSB, etc) but I think it's better you ask here, I'll ask to close the other threads since it's basically the same process.

Don't forget you need to edit you tik file manually, don't use @marc_max website in step 9, just go to this thread to see how to edit it. You can ask there too if you have a question about the tik editing.

AND MOST IMPORTANT: DO A BACKUP OF YOUR TIK FILES

11. marc_max

marc_max GBAtemp Maniac

Why I have been banned?:rofl:

12. raphamotta

LOL :rofl2:

@Cyber Akuma wants to try it with pikmin, idk if you site supports pikmin, that's why i said to edit the file manually @marc_max (am I wrong? Does your site supports other games than MK, SSB and BOTW. If yes it awesome!)

marc_max likes this.
  13. marc_max

marc_max GBAtemp Maniac

It works with any game :-)

raphamotta likes this.
  14. Cyber Akuma

United States
    Ah, ok. The two games I was trying to do it to was Pikmin 3 and Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

I was able to do it successfully for BOTW and Smash, but am having issues with that ticket site. It only shows a single valid ticket, not both a valid and invalid ticket like it did for BOTW and Smash, and because of this I can't "fix" it to allow my installed DLC to work. This also causes even my legitimate DLC to not work, even if I delete it and re-download it. I had to mess with being in-and-out of CFW to try to actually legitimately re-download and install the DLC I purchased... half the time the eshop claimed it was downloading one file, the other half two. At this rate, I am worried all this re-downloading in and out of CFW from the eshop might have flagged me for a ban in the future... :( Still not even sure how to properly get my purchased DLC to install, most of the time it fails when attempting to install it on game boot after re-downloading it.

And I tried reading up on how to manually do it with a hex editor, but I didn't fully understand it.

Any advice about all this? Especially about managing to get my purchased DLC to re-download and re-install properly.

15. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

Qatar
    I didn't read the entire post (about to go to bed) but I noticed you said it only shows a valid ticket, which I assume you mean a real ticket, not fake.

In that case, the answer is simple. Install the dlc from Wii U USB helper or wherever, then run tik2sd again. You should see the tickets then.

For the records I have done the procedure for those 2 games myself. So there is no reason to worry about any incompatibility issues or anything

16. Cyber Akuma

United States
    That's what I did. Purchased DLC from the eshop, and then installed the rest of the DLC downloaded from USB Helper using WUP Installer GX2, then used tik2sd to dump my tickets.

However, the tickets site only showed a single valid ticket after all that.

17. raphamotta

Don't worry about using eshop with CFW. There's no danger so far.

Also if you have a backup of the tik you don't need to download the dlc again. Just restore the tik thru ftp.

@marc_max confirmed the site works with any game so pls double check the dlc code number on tik2sd output.

If you don't have a backup check what others games are on the tik file. Worst case you gonna need to delete the tik file and download these games/dlc/updates again (do a backup of your saves!)

18. Cyber Akuma

United States
    I meant more how I was repeatedly re-downloading the same DLC to fix this, and sometimes it seemed to be downloading two files and other times one (I have no idea what was up with that) depending on if I was connecting with CFW or not when downloading that might have set off red flags.

Unfortunately, seems that my last backup before I installed my own DLC was before I even installed these games, my next backup was after I installed the DLC to try to use that ticket site.

Does the ticket file ONLY contain DLC? Or does it contain other things? Are games themselves in the tickets and they would not work anymore if the tickets are deleted? What about updates? Or are they just for DLC and download-only games?

19. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

Qatar
    I really don't know about the program. I do it manually. You should probably check manually if 2 tickets are there or not. Make a recent tik2sd dump first

20. raphamotta

OK look this:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-hex-editing-unlocking-dlc-without-cfw-or-sigpatch.469698/

And download HxD, open your file and tell us if you see 2 tickets like this:

[​IMG]
    It can has more than 2 tickets too if in the file has another games.

EDIT: Sorry @Madridi my friend I quoted you instead of @Cyber Akuma

Last edited by raphamotta, Mar 27, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - without, Zelda,