Hacking Play XBOX games on the Wii?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JN_big3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone, my cousin sent me 23 XBOX games. Unfortunately, I don't have a XBOX. Also they are all original.

So I was wondering if I can play the games on my Modded Wii. It's both hardmodded and softmodded.

Reactions: 1 person

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
come on....you must have known how daft this question was before you submitted it....no

JN_big3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
come on....you must have known how daft this question was before you submitted it....no

Sorry, I just don't want those games come to waste .
You just don't know if it's going to be possible or not. Nothing is impossible

EDIT: I might buy a XBOX 360 just to play the games

Sloshy

Trophies
Website
piecesoflint.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Short answer: No.

Long answer: The Wii and both versions of the Xbox have significantly different hardware and software to the point where emulation would be necessary on the part of the Wii. However, the Wii isn't nearly as powerful as a 360 (not sure about the original Xbox though) and even if it were the processor and GPU in the Wii have different instruction sets and even if it were possible to translate the code used for Xbox games into Wii game code, use Wii controllers, AND whatever else would be necessary, there would be so much overhead that the games would be absolutely unplayable.

Sorry about that. I'd get an Xbox if I were you.

Reactions: 3 people

JN_big3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Short answer: No.

Long answer: The Wii and both versions of the Xbox have significantly different hardware and software to the point where emulation would be necessary on the part of the Wii. However, the Wii isn't nearly as powerful as a 360 (not sure about the original Xbox though) and even if it were the processor and GPU in the Wii have different instruction sets and even if it were possible to translate the code used for Xbox games into Wii game code, use Wii controllers, AND whatever else would be necessary, there would be so much overhead that the games would be absolutely unplayable.

Sorry about that. I'd get an Xbox if I were you.

Finally, a clearer and nicer answer.

Thanks for explaining but should I buy a XBOX (1st gen) or the XBOX 360

Sloshy

Trophies
Website
piecesoflint.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
should I buy a XBOX (1st gen) or the XBOX 360
First, check and see if the games will work on a 360. Last I checked only so many titles are officially supported backwards-compatibility-wise and it isn't nearly perfect like the Wii's backwards compatibility. If most of the games won't work on a 360 then find an original Xbox. If the ones you care about all work on a 360, then by all means get that. I think it'd be cheaper to get an Xbox (1st gen), though, since it's old hardware.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Buy the original if you just wanna play the games he sent you, otherwise I would buy an Xbox 360, just because you'll have a much bigger selection of games to choose from
:)

Backwards compatibility isn't perfect, but the games that are supported work fine save for a special few games.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you are only interested in playing the 23 xbox 1 games, find yourself a second hand xbox 1. They should go very cheap by now.
Even the pc xbox emulator never really became mature due to the complexity of that system.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you've gotten some comments that have pointed you in the more correct direction, so to keep flaming to a minimum, I'll be closing this.
For further questions, post in the Xbox section.
Hope you get the answers you seek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1