OP
Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
6-21-2011%202-49-55%20PM.png

In honor of the new Major, weeklong TF2 update "The Über Update", Valve has made it's hit Team based FPS Free for everyone with a steam account for the entire week![/p]

Team Fortress 2 Official Blog said:
All that hanging out with mob guys must have rubbed off on us, because we've decided to celebrate the Über Update by giving you an offer you can't (or at least shouldn't) refuse--an unprecedented WEEK-LONG FREE WEEKEND of Team Fortress 2, starting right now!

icon11.gif
Source

I already have TF2, so this isn't as exciting for me, although alot of my friends have been wanting to try it, so this should be a great time to show them how fun the game is.
Oh and also Meet The Medic will finally be released this Thursday along with the new update.

ZaeZae64

OP
Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
30084pm said:
I might as well see what all the fuss is about
*downloads*

If it's good I might end up buying it
smile.gif
I highly reccomend it. It's a really fun FPS. And it's only $10/£6.99. Not to mention how the Steam Summer Sale is supposed to be next week and TF2'll probably be around like $5/£2.99.
Also since you're a beginner I reccomend you check this out.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
ZaeZae64 said:
30084pm said:
*downloads*

smile.gif
I highly reccomend it. It's a really fun FPS. And it's only like $10. Not to mention how the Steam Summer Sale is supposed to be next week and TF2'll probably be around like $5.
Why thanks you
happy.gif

However, if I like this, I might just buy the Orange Box, in it's entirety.
happy.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
30084pm said:
ZaeZae64 said:
30084pm said:
*downloads*

smile.gif
I highly reccomend it. It's a really fun FPS. And it's only like $10. Not to mention how the Steam Summer Sale is supposed to be next week and TF2'll probably be around like $5.
Why thanks you
happy.gif

happy.gif

Definitely do that, I bought the Orange Box about a year ago for 20 euros, and it was pretty well worth it. Portal is awesome, Half Life 2 Deathmatch is amazing and TF2 is off course, the most enjoyable title out of em all.

ZaeZae64

OP
Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
30084pm said:
ZaeZae64 said:
30084pm said:
*downloads*

smile.gif
Why thanks you
happy.gif

happy.gif

Definitely do that, I bought the Orange Box about a year ago for 20 euros, and it was pretty well worth it. Portal is awesome, Half Life 2 Deathmatch is amazing and TF2 is off course, the most enjoyable title out of em all.
Gonna have to agree with him. Also you save more when you buy the orange box. You save around $25/£17.96 if you buy them in the Orange Box opposed to buying them all separately.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ZaeZae64 said:

Kick arse. I'll have to have another go. I'm not the biggest fan of co-operative games anyhows, but walking in and realising I haven't got the slightest clue and was ruining it for the others on the team made me give up quick and never go back.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was one of the ones that never got into the game... I mean, it was enjoyable back when it first came out and after the good updates, but now they've added so much junk it's not really the same game as before--there's a different outlook on the game with the content and direction they've turned to. Something I'm not just interested in :/

But hey, as long as it's good fun for others!

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
30084pm said:
ZaeZae64 said:
30084pm said:
*downloads*

smile.gif
Why thanks you
happy.gif

happy.gif

Even still, I would wait until the Orange Box is on sale again, as last time the whole box was going for $5.00. Last summer they had massive sales, and I'm guessing they'll do something similar this summer, so keep an eye out.

ZaeZae64

OP
Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
SamAsh07 said:
Whats the game size? Can't be bothered to download 3gb+ game with a download limit internet.
6.5GB

QUOTE(Celice @ Jun 21 2011, 03:33 PM) I was one of the ones that never got into the game... I mean, it was enjoyable back when it first came out and after the good updates, but now they've added so much junk it's not really the same game as before--there's a different outlook on the game with the content and direction they've turned to. Something I'm not just interested in :/

But hey, as long as it's good fun for others!
I can see where you're coming from. But as someone who played for 2 years on the 360 version, I just cant help but love the PC version much more. And not to mention I find that all the new items bring in a new refreshing experience so the game doesn't feel same old same old. Especially when it's something as cool as this

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cwstjdenobs said:
ZaeZae64 said:

Kick arse. I'll have to have another go. I'm not the biggest fan of co-operative games anyhows, but walking in and realising I haven't got the slightest clue and was ruining it for the others on the team made me give up quick and never go back.
I could coach you
happy.gif

smileipb2.png

ZaeZae64

OP
Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
cwstjdenobs said:
ZaeZae64 said:

I could coach you
happy.gif
Speaking of Coaching, TF2 offers a coaching program where advanced players can train new payers the basics of the game.
So if you're a beginner, just request a coach to help teach ya.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
YayMii said:
Oh hell no. This week's exam week for me, and I also don't have a working computer.
Bad luck for me I guess.
closedeyes.gif

Had the same shit with Black Ops a few weeks ago. My exams were just about to start and Steam decided to give a free Black Ops weekend. That's just fucked up, so disappointed at that time.....

D

Deleted_171835

I already have TF2 so I'm not too interested in this.

Although this would be the perfect time to host a TF2 server (as part of the stream), as anybody with a Steam account will be able to play regardless of whether they bought the game or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 🦌🐑 🦛🐦 (🐑🐑)