Hacking Play region free Wii discs on Wii U?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 10,610
  • Replies 25
D

Deleted User

OP
Could someone point me in the right direction for playing PAL games on my US Wii U as I currently want to sell my PAL Wii U and give my Wii to my brother.

List of PAL Wii games I want to play:
DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
Wii Sports
Wii Sports Resort
Metroid Other M
Okami
Kirby's Adventure Wii (PAL version of Return to Dreamland)

Also, I'm looking for instructions on converting a PAL Metroid Prime Trilogy save for the NTSC version. I'd prefer to do this on PC and I gather I just need a hex editor but I don't know what to do with it.

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone point me in the right direction for playing PAL games on my US Wii U as I currently want to sell my PAL Wii U and give my Wii to my brother.

List of PAL Wii games I want to play:
DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
Wii Sports
Wii Sports Resort
Metroid Other M
Okami
Kirby's Adventure Wii (PAL version of Return to Dreamland)

Install The Homebrew Channel, then use Gecko OS to boot region free games.

D

Deleted User

OP
Will Letterbomb work on vWii? I can't find info. or is there something else I have to use?

D

Deleted User

OP
Is there by any chance a Metroid Prime Trilogy exploit, or another cheap downloadable game?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I would be against releasing another exploit anyway just in case Nintendo ever patch the existing ones. It's worth buying the exploit game because it unlocks the whole vWii for you and Nintendo seem to be showing no interest in patching the exploits. so you can keep your WiiU on latest firmware if you want.

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would be against releasing another exploit anyway just in case Nintendo ever patch the existing ones. It's worth buying the exploit game because it unlocks the whole vWii for you and Nintendo seem to be showing no interest in patching the exploits. so you can keep your WiiU on latest firmware if you want.

You don't need to buy the exploit game. Once The Homebrew Channel is installed, all hacking can be done from there.

Reactions: Margen67
D

Deleted User

OP
That's fine since the only hacking I'm interested in is playing PAL games on my US Wii U and converting my MPT save's region since I'm selling my physical copy. I'm not interested in playing pirated games.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The WiiU's vWii mode is pretty much functionally identical to the regular Wii anyway. As far as I'm aware, the main thing you lose is the ability to modify the system menu itself - not a big deal in itself because you can just use homebrew applications such as GeckoOS for region free.

Loading games from USB works exactly like it does on the Wii, and you can even play GameCube games these days using Nintendont.

D

Deleted User

OP
I have a GameCube and soon a GC preloader I use for GC games. Interestingly GameCube S-video seems to be sharper than Wii's component.

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's fine since the only hacking I'm interested in is playing PAL games on my US Wii U and converting my MPT save's region since I'm selling my physical copy. I'm not interested in playing pirated games.

I wasn't referring to pirated games. (You can actually play pirated NES, SNES, GBA, DS, N64, etc... games without any software modification on the console.) I was referring mostly to (you guessed it sj33) system menu mods. I myself love using Priiloader, but it can't be installed on a vWii due to extra encryption on the system menu. Other things include system menu themes and BootMii/IOS.

Interestingly GameCube S-video seems to be sharper than Wii's component.

I own a gamecube, and I've noticed the same thing. It is weird... :wtf: Similarly, the Wii U's HDMI seems to be much lower quality in vWii mode the a Wii's component cable.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Sorry - i am sure this has been asked previously, i searched the threads but couldnt find much .

about the vWii softmod thingie, there is currently still and will be no other way to softmod the Wii U unless you have an original copy of the ssb (wii edition) correct !?

D

Deleted User

OP
My brother says his friend still has US Brawl. He's even offering to sell it to me for $20NZD
I think I'll accept the offer, that way I'll still have the disc if I ever need to reinstall HBC

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My brother says his friend still has US Brawl. He's even offering to sell it to me for $20NZD
I think I'll accept the offer, I don't really play Brawl anymore and I'm not interested in Project M, but I'll still have the disc if I ever need to reinstall HBC

I dunno how that double post happened, mods please feel free to delete one

When you click "Post Reply", if the internet lags, then you don't see your post immediately. When you don't see it, you think that it didn't "get" the button press. Then, you click it multiple times until you see your post, but when the internet connection resumes, ALL your post requests are let through.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs