Mativ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Hi,
I want to know can I play PS1 backup game on my PS2 (PAL, fat, modchip)
a modchip installed on PS2 and I wonder how I can play old PS1 game on PS2
I don't have any original Pal PS1 game but I have original NTSC-J Finaly Fantasy VII, VIII, IX
by the way Can i play other Region on my PAL PS2
I'll appreciate your help

Mativ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Hold O when booting up your PS2 with the copy in the drive. and I'm pretty sure it's the same thing when booting PS1 games from other regions.
thanks for help
I find a way in internet, after power on PS2 press reset twice and it'll play PS1 game
I try with my Original FFVII NTSC-J on PS2 PAL

Mativ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
I want to know can I use save of game with different version of one game
for example if I play US version, save data will work with PAL region or not

Mativ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
thanks for help me so far
I've last question, is it possible to save PS1 on PS2 memory
It's hard even to find PS2 memory or controller here
PS1 memory is so out of question for me

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There's always the option to use PS2psxe - sure, it's emulation, you may experience some slow-down, glitches or some knick-knacks won't work, but for the most part the games work very well.

Reactions: Mativ

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is another problem playing PS1 game on PS2. Your TV must support 240p. Most TV dropped the support of 240p

But some TV's do support it. Never know until you try. Hell, even if his main TV doesn't maybe he has another one that does. Even if his TV doesn't support 240p over component, he can always drop back down to composite, I'd be shocked if that didn't work. Furthermore, he's in PAL land, so he can probably use RGB, I have no idea how well RGB from a PS2 playing PSX games works on a modern TV, but it would be worth a try rather than just giving up.

I want to know can I use save of game with different version of one game
for example if I play US version, save data will work with PAL region or not

In general no, but there are some utilities out there than can sometimes change a save between regions. It's not guaranteed to work, and probably depends on how different the game has been changed between regions. Some game saves can even be converted between PSX and PC versions. I'm not sure which games can and can't be converted, but I'm guessing that the FF games are among the ones people have done this with. You'll have to search for them yourself, sorry, I don't know where to get them, I just remember running across this sort of thing years and years ago.

If not, since your PS2 is modded, you could always just download and burn the PAL versions of the games you have in NTSC.

There's always the option to use PS2psxe - sure, it's emulation, you may experience some slow-down, glitches or some knick-knacks won't work, but for the most part the games work very well.

If he's going to go that far, for FF7 and 8, he may be better off looking into the PC versions. There are even fan patches out there (particularly for 7) to make the games look a lot better.

I need help myself, I have a softmoded ps2, I can play ps2 bacxkups just fine with swapmagic, but if I try breaker pro with psx backups they don't work, I'm not sure if I have been doing it right or not but maybe I can get some help

I don't know breaker pro, but if it's for PS2, it's not gonna work with PSX.

Also the model of PS2 can make a difference. I have a big PS2 and the later slim PS2 with (just a power cord, not an ac adapter) and my gameshark disc with PSX codes won't work on the slim.

Reactions: Mativ

Mativ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
There is another problem playing PS1 game on PS2. Your TV must support 240p. Most TV dropped the support of 240p
It was one thing for just fine for me, our sony television support fine even FFVII NTSC-J
I play some until when comes to save game and that moment was sadly understand I need PS1 memory
I don't know about it because I heard It need good computer to run emulator
My computer is inappropriate for emulate
I hardly maintain it for daily work but I'll have a try, maybe miraclely work

thanks for help

Mativ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
But some TV's do support it. Never know until you try. Hell, even if his main TV doesn't maybe he has another one that does. Even if his TV doesn't support 240p over component, he can always drop back down to composite, I'd be shocked if that didn't work. Furthermore, he's in PAL land, so he can probably use RGB, I have no idea how well RGB from a PS2 playing PSX games works on a modern TV, but it would be worth a try rather than just giving up.
In general no, but there are some utilities out there than can sometimes change a save between regions. It's not guaranteed to work, and probably depends on how different the game has been changed between regions. Some game saves can even be converted between PSX and PC versions. I'm not sure which games can and can't be converted, but I'm guessing that the FF games are among the ones people have done this with. You'll have to search for them yourself, sorry, I don't know where to get them, I just remember running across this sort of thing years and years ago.
If not, since your PS2 is modded, you could always just download and burn the PAL versions of the games you have in NTSC.
If he's going to go that far, for FF7 and 8, he may be better off looking into the PC versions. There are even fan patches out there (particularly for 7) to make the games look a lot better.
I don't know breaker pro, but if it's for PS2, it's not gonna work with PSX.
Also the model of PS2 can make a difference. I have a big PS2 and the later slim PS2 with (just a power cord, not an ac adapter) and my gameshark disc with PSX codes won't work on the slim.

Yeah, it work fine on my TV
that's good Idea, I could play PC version of FF and old nes/snes emulator
I think this will work for now, it's better than nothing
thanks for help

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't know about it because I heard It need good computer to run emulator
My computer is inappropriate for emulate
I hardly maintain it for daily work but I'll have a try, maybe miraclely work

thanks for help
No, no, no - PS2psxe is a PlayStation emulator for the PlayStation 2, your computer is irrelevant, it runs on the console.

Mativ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
No, no, no - PS2psxe is a PlayStation emulator for the PlayStation 2, your computer is irrelevant, it runs on the console.
Oh, I didn't know that
Thanks for introducing to me
but how it's work could you tell me where I can find more information about it and review pros and cons

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually, when a TV drops 240p support, this includes composite cable. Composite cable can only deliver video via 240p or 480i. PSX games are rendered in 240p.

RGB still divides support into 240p and 480i.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool