Tutorial Play/port your GameMaker games on NintendoSwitch

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To get them to work you need the am2r game maker studio 2 source code and I only have them partly working. It's a temp save in the /rooms/int folder that i made in the romfs files before recompiling it into am2r.nsp it's not a good way to do it because it triples the file size of it but 350mb is still not bad.
So you got saves working (with your "workaround") with the only downside, that the game is bigger?

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I get this error when I try to compile

Code:
Loading general...
Warning: GM:S 2.0 support is incomplete!
Loading options...
Loading strings...
Loading variables...
Loading functions...
Loading textures...
Loading texture pages... (418/418)
Loading audio...
Loading sprites... (87/87)
Loading objects... (65/109)
Error loading object/obj_image_button.json
An error occured during import
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: j
   at Altar.Repack.Deserialize.DeserializeArray[T](JsonData j, Func`2 converter)
   at Altar.Repack.Deserialize.DeserializeObj(JsonData j, SpriteInfo[] sprites, Func`2 objNameToId)
   at Altar.Repack.Deserialize.ReadFile(String baseDir, JsonData projFile)
   at Altar.Program.Import(ImportOptions opt)
   at Altar.Program.<>c.<Main>b__12_0(String verb, Object vo)
Done

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a data.win file with bytecode version 17, but the Undertale NSP uses bytecode version 16. Is there a nsp that has bytecode version 17 I can use as a base? What about Deltarune or the update nsp for either?

Edit: Deltarune is bytecode version 17. The update nsps are just a bunch of fragments and I don't know how to modify or merge the data into the base nsp.
Edit2: No luck, it still crashes. I think the version of GM:S used (2.3) is just too new.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Mythical

Journoid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a data.win file with bytecode version 17, but the Undertale NSP uses bytecode version 16. Is there a nsp that has bytecode version 17 I can use as a base? What about Deltarune or the update nsp for either?

Edit: Deltarune is bytecode version 17. The update nsps are just a bunch of fragments and I don't know how to modify or merge the data into the base nsp.
Edit2: No luck, it still crashes. I think the version of GM:S used (2.3) is just too new.

I'm running into this same issue now actually. I think the GM:S version is the issue, as I was able to get a game compiled on GM:S 2 from earlier this year to run, but not one compiled very recently.

ScottSchods

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does anyone know of any way to change the Title ID or any other GMS games on Switch other than Undertale and Deltarune? Trying to install 3 GMS titles through the basic method and have only been able to get Undertale and Deltarune replaced.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of any way to change the Title ID or any other GMS games on Switch other than Undertale and Deltarune? Trying to install 3 GMS titles through the basic method and have only been able to get Undertale and Deltarune replaced.
To change the titleid you need to extract and rebuild the nsp. I don't know if NSCB has a function for this or if there are any other tools to automate it, but the manual way would be to extract with hactool, change the titleid wherever it occurs, and rebuild with hacPack or similar.

ScottSchods

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
To change the titleid you need to extract and rebuild the nsp. I don't know if NSCB has a function for this or if there are any other tools to automate it, but the manual way would be to extract with hactool, change the titleid wherever it occurs, and rebuild with hacPack or similar.
I've tried to do this, but didn't really have much luck, with the NSP returning as a ~500KB file. I've basically given up at this point, might consider trying again in the future but as of now I don't really mind.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: Finally got my number transferred