Gaming Play Original XBox Games off HDD?

67birdman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys,
I am so bored these days.
wacko.gif

I don't really want to flash my drive, risking a ban.
I'd much rather do something easier and less risky, since its only spring break.
So I just wanted to know if there is any way to put original xbox games on an HDD and play them without the disc.
Since I have seen them on the marketplace for sale not needing a disc.
rolleyes.gif

Christopho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if you still want to know but I just wanted to correct something.

A xbox360iso (yes, that's a site) regular told me that playing original xbox games cannot load from the hdd as of now even with a JTag 360, the only thing that can play from hdd is arcade/360 games. I trust his word since he has 1k+ posts, is informed, and is a JTagger himself (he runs a business for $50 ea JTag).

Hope I helped ^^

moosh01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Christopho said:
Not sure if you still want to know but I just wanted to correct something.

A xbox360iso (yes, that's a site) regular told me that playing original xbox games cannot load from the hdd as of now even with a JTag 360, the only thing that can play from hdd is arcade/360 games. I trust his word since he has 1k+ posts, is informed, and is a JTagger himself (he runs a business for $50 ea JTag).

Hope I helped ^^
Not entirely true. A fairly new program XBOX12GOD can put original xbox games into games on demand form to be played off of a 360 HDD. Must be Jtagged, not playable off usb yet.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some of the older firmwares were heading down that route but for the most part we tell people that you need to burn them to dual layer discs. It is then usually custom to advise getting an original xbox and modding that (you can do it for nothing now if you still have a pata/IDE port on your machine).

To answer the OP others have already done it but with the tool GOD2XB1: http://www.xboxhacker.org/index.php?topic=...04886#msg104886 you can use it with a JTAG box.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: being sick still sucks