Gaming Play mainly on wiiu or wii?

3DSXLGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Debating what I should be playing my games on since I transferred everything over to the wii-u and kept a backup so I could keep the wii in the same state. I have them hooked up side by side there's no difference besides wiiu displaying with a very small black border but I don't mind it. Should I just main the wiiu?

D

Deleted User

If you don't care about GC accessories then yes. Beats switching controllers and sensor bars between consoles. Plus you could swap your Wii for a GC for your GC games which IMO is better
Also, I haven't tested it, but I'm guessing Wii mode looks normal if you set your Wii U's display settings to 480p component.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i would box the wii..
there is no reason to keep them side by side.. unless you dont like to always launch vWII mode.. (dont know if the wii u can automatically launch it...)

the only reason to keep it is gamecube games.. but only if you use dios mios or real gc discs... otherwise you can just use devolution\nintendont...

i would get a real gc... if you got the room and don't mind it have a somewhat ugly cube next to the tv xD

Beats switching controllers and sensor bars between consoles. Plus you could swap your Wii for a GC for your GC games which IMO is better

i agree, however the sensor bar got a simple fix wich is using a wireless one or convert it (or get one) with a usb plug and power it somewhere..
my STB or even the TV itself both got a useless usb port not to being used by the consumer (me) but i can use them for charge stuff like a phone or usb fan :D

Wizardkoer

Wii Veteran - 17
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Use wii because many homebrew doesn't work on Wii U Wii mode. And Wii U is terrible at upscaling, as it will upscale your Wii mode to 1080p BUT if you use a normal Wii, your TV will do it and it will look better when you TV upscales.

Reactions: oji

Cornholio309

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mostly use my Wii U, but I still have a Wii plugged in near it.

In all honesty I find the Wii U much more convenient to use. Booting into the vWii doesn't take too long (and you can force the Wii U to boot up into that rather than going through the Wii U's menu), native HDMI which is a nice plus, and every Wii game is guaranteed to work because of how Nintendo does backwards compatibility! In addition, Nintendont works great for playing my backed up GameCube games. For playing most games, it's probably the best thing to use, especially since the Wii U has some fantastic titles that I can go back to whenever I want without having to power down another console and switching my video output.

However, for creating backups of GameCube discs I use my Wii. CleanRip simply doesn't work with GameCube discs on the Wii U which is a bit of a shame. The Wii also has the slight advantage of having GameCube controller support. With this, you can play any game that has native GameCube support (Including Brawl and all of it's wonderful modifications, Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, and Sonic Colors). Currently, nobody has been able to get the GameCube controller adapter for the Wii U to work with the vWii side of the console, meaning you have to use the a Classic Controller or the Wii Nun-chuck combo. I don't particularly like these two, but I hear the Pro Classic Controller had a much better design and HORI made an okay looking GameCube controller wannabe that acts like a Classic Controller.

If somebody could get the Official Wii U controller adapter working, I'd have no real reason to go back to my Wii other than to dump GameCube discs to play on Nintendont, but I've already dumped most of the my games anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night