Hacking Play GC games through the sd card?

pps_goforit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello! I recently saw (yes I know I'm several years behind in development: P) SD Gecko, and wonder if I can use on my 4.2E Wii? hacked by using nus auto downloader. I want to use it to play GC games. is that possible? and if so, how?

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
According to the comments in the link the SD-Loader also supports SDHC Cards, but the SD Gecko officially doesn't support them. Do they work anyways?

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says 2 because you need an sd card in the wii to boot the program.

Less of an issue now because you can use USB to boot the program.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
M[u said:
ddy]
According to the comments in the link the SD-Loader also supports SDHC Cards, but the SD Gecko officially doesn't support them. Do they work anyways?

SD Gecko is just a contact adapter, there is no chip/logic involved. SDHC support is based on homebrew coding to support it, since most gc homebrew aren't updated for ages is unlikely to find some with SDHC support.

But besides SD-Boot, wiixplorer can read contents from SDHC on gecko fine and I think HBC too (I will test it tomorrow).

EDIT: Tested, HBC loads homebrew fine from SDHC on SD Gecko.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sao Mortel said:
koji2009 said:
It says 2 because you need an sd card in the wii to boot the program.

Less of an issue now because you can use USB to boot the program.
Don't need usb either!!! JUST ONE SD CARD!!!

Yes, you can boot the program launching GC Homebrew Launcher directly from Gecko with HBC.

Just put the start.dol on root of sd gecko and put \apps\gcbooter\ with contents on it too.

pps_goforit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i cant get it to work!!!
at first it looked promesing, i got the Maroi Dance game working (some times it froze after 5-6 min). But when i tryed Baten katos and ikaruga it only gave my an black screen. now even MD want start and only goes black:/ what to do???

plz help me

Pal wii and tv

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended