Gaming Play GameCube and Wii games off of HDD and Burnt Disks: Full TuT for the Noob O_o

Status
Not open for further replies.

un4gettable47

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok looking forward to an updated TuT :)

we'll c, I am restoring my Wii to see what exactly is needed (if anything) from the hack pack. Everything was working fine (not with the current TuT, but after I found what I was missing), cfg loader/usb loader/wiiflow and all the games. But everytime I boot a gamecube game, the DIOS MIOS logo is either all flashy and or squished/on an angle ect. It has always been like that for me. So that got me thinking that it's prolly because of microwavesams hack pack (all his wads). So yeah, we c

I am using this:

zTxCrash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah since my wii is already moded i was wondering if i needed to download the hack pack and nand restore my wii or will i be able to add things to my already softmodded wii

un4gettable47

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah since my wii is already moded i was wondering if i needed to download the hack pack and nand restore my wii or will i be able to add things to my already softmodded wii

as you can tell I am in no position to give advice currently, but for now do not download his hack pack.

you should definitely get your nand backup files, but you don't need to use them unless you want to restore your Wii to the state it was in right after letterbombing/wiibrand launch

ask what you should do next in the forums, because I don't exactly know what needed and whats not

un4gettable47

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
okay well good luck

any yeah, you get your nand backup files in 19.58 of the part 1 letterbomb video

okay well good luck

i am under the impression that i need to figure out this whole IOS and cIOS thing out... I am scrapping the TuT for now. I may post another some day...

Although I did find out why DIOS MIOS has messed up logo, it was because I was using component cables with my 480i component max capable sony wega tv weirdly enough (cheap china brand not nintendo). I used the nintendo brand composite and for the first time I got proper dios mios logo.

I guess the dios mios logo is 480p progressive...

zTxCrash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its okay than for trying i will wait for all this to become more clear. ill just buy my gamecube games for now :)

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what, I just got a brilliant idea. Because of my limited knowledge on the matter I think what I will do is complete the TuT to the best of my knowledge and send it to a mod or someone that can fix it up/update it here and there. Because it really is the type of TuT that noobs need. Good idea or not? I don't have too much more work to put into it...

YES. That is the best idea EVER. I would love to see a fully functional guide on installing DIOS MIOS to the Wii since there are so many other guides that are shit.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who is the person that you would best recommend me to send the TuT to when I have done my best with future/noob proofing it. Or maybe someone at wiihacks.com?

I don't know. I followed GAF's homebrew tutorial, which is spot-on for telling people what they need. Everyone should follow this guide: http://gwht.wikidot.com/
Well... I think it even explains how IOS's work...

un4gettable47

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know. I followed GAF's homebrew tutorial, which is spot-on for telling people what they need. Everyone should follow this guide: http://gwht.wikidot.com/

un4gettable47

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes. I don't know who to ask to make this noobproof on here. I've only been on here for so long... Rydian keeps popping into my head for some reason... it's nothing though

i know you've be messing with me, i too have been messing with you

i have stolen your bunny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think...