ROM Hack play gameboy games on nintendo 2ds xl with r4 card?

crazyripper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i have found the games i want they are in .gb format when i change them to .ds they show up but do not play.

can someone tell me how to do this if its possible thank you in advance

Reactions: GoldieGamingYT

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Advance games, you're better off with an EZ Flash Omega for DS/DS Lite, or getting homebrew on your 3DS, and installing the game to a microSD.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Reactions: crazyripper

crazyripper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For Advance games, you're better off with an EZ Flash Omega for DS/DS Lite, or getting homebrew on your 3DS, and installing the game to a microSD.

i see is there advice i can buy something calde a bit boy or something similar that i can just load the games onto a normal sd card or my r4 card any they will play easy with no trouble

crazyripper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Homebrew on 3DS is no problem. There's a free solution now called "Frogminer," IIRC.

so what you are saying then if i put custom firmware on the 2ds xl i will be able to run any game i choose, like an emulator on my laptop?

thanks for answering all my questions you are very knowledgeable on the topic =]

GoldieGamingYT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
i have found the games i want they are in .gb format when i change them to .ds they show up but do not play.

can someone tell me how to do this if its possible thank you in advance
Yes, it is possible but just don't change the extension to .ds download GBARUNNER2 , just find it somewhere on gbatemp,I can't give you a link and you must have a bios, downloading it is considered as piracy, I can't link it here, but just Google it, put it the root of your sd card and named as bios.bin, or it won't work

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes, it is possible but just don't change the extension to .ds download GBARUNNER2 , just find it somewhere on gbatemp,I can't give you a link and you must have a bios, downloading it is considered as piracy, I can't link it here, but just Google it, put it the root of your sd card and named as bios.bin, or it won't work
Note: it's only for Gameboy advance,If you want to emulate other consoles, go to twilight menu's GitHub and download it,after that find the emulators, they should be ending in .nds extension, As I can remember it has NES GB GBC GBA ATARI SEGA(I GUESS) SNES(NOT SURE)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.