Hacking Play eshop titles from one 3DS on another using CFW?

n00bsaib0t

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, sorry if this is already detailed in another thread. I did try searching and couldn’t find anything that didn’t involve downloading roms or using freeshop.

I have two 3DSes, one modded one unmodded. I would love to be able to play my eshop purchases, there’s somewhere around 90 of them, on my CFW 3DS. I technically could use freeshop but I’m more comfortable with the idea of using the files from the unmodded 3DS SD card on the modded one if at all possible. Plus I have a data cap so if at all possible I would love to just copy it over. It’s only about 14gb but it’s 14gb more I can use for streaming or downloading games on Steam or my XB1.

Thanks for the help, even if the answer is just that it just doesn’t work.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For saves file you can run homebrew like JKSM to move save files around if you needs to, a lot of games beside Japanese region is available on the Freeshop.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to move your games from the unmodded 3DS to the modded one, you can perform a system transfer. This will, however, remove the games from the unmodded 3DS. This will only work if they're legitimate games that were legitimately purchased.

If you are content with installing CFW to the unmodded 3DS, you might be able to do the following to get your games on both systems:
  1. Backup the SD contents of the unmodded 3DS (3DS_1).
  2. Install B9S and Luma3DS to 3DS_1.
  3. Backup the NAND of 3DS_1.
  4. Perform a system transfer from 3DS_1 to 3DS_2.
  5. 3DS_2 should now have all the games, and 3DS_1 should have no games.
  6. Restore the NAND backup you made on 3DS_1, and restore the SD contents of 3DS_1.
Only 3DS_2 will have your NNID, but both systems should have all of the games. If I were you, I would just use something like freeShop instead.

Last edited by Lacius,

n00bsaib0t

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, part of the problem is that one is a US console and the other is an EU console. I bought my EU one first while stationed in Italy, I really wanted the standard New model and it wasn’t announced yet for the US when I bought it. I then sold my launch model US system. I regretted that later on because of all the digital games I bought on it and I managed to get the standard New with charizard plates from GameStop used. I modded the EU system because it has way less games on it and if it’s caught in a ban wave I care less about that NNID than the US one that’s also on my WiiU and Switch.

Sorry about the long story, but that’s why the system transfer isn’t an option.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, part of the problem is that one is a US console and the other is an EU console. I bought my EU one first while stationed in Italy, I really wanted the standard New model and it wasn’t announced yet for the US when I bought it. I then sold my launch model US system. I regretted that later on because of all the digital games I bought on it and I managed to get the standard New with charizard plates from GameStop used. I modded the EU system because it has way less games on it and if it’s caught in a ban wave I care less about that NNID than the US one that’s also on my WiiU and Switch.

Sorry about the long story, but that’s why the system transfer isn’t an option.
Then your only options are the following:
  1. Install the games using freeShop.
  2. Install the games by installing the CIA files using FBI or another installer.
  3. Buy the games.

n00bsaib0t

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, so they can be installed with FBI? As in the files from my SD card or I would have to essentially pirate them to install them that way?

Edit: I don’t see any cia files in where the games should be. I guess freeshop it is.

Last edited by n00bsaib0t,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Wait, so they can be installed with FBI? As in the files from my SD card or I would have to essentially pirate them to install them that way?

Edit: I don’t see any cia files in where the games should be. I guess freeshop it is.
Have a look here https://3ds.guide/godmode9-usage under the dumping titles section, you can dump your installed games to cia, so you can install them on another console.

Reactions: Lacius

n00bsaib0t

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for that link. I’ll have to figure out if I really want to mod the other 3DS, because I was trying to avoid it. But it’s good to know a way to do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?