Play dvd backup games: OK But if install on hdd: no cinematics (eg: blue dragon)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by inklara, Nov 3, 2015.

1. inklara
    OP

inklara Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2014
    France
    Hi,

I have just finished to backup all my xbox360 dvd games on usb external hard disk, with FSD3 (in case those dvd become unreadable in the future, at least i will have a backup..).

But are there some games that can't be installed on hard disk ? Or will have some issues ?

I have spent a long time to extract dvd on hard disk with fsd, and now the first game I test (blue dragon) to be sure everything works fine, the result is:
    - no cinematics at all, instead I have a black screen with written ev400_00, then it's written 'playable', then i can play
    - also the musics seems to not be played
    - but if i play it from the dvd everything works fine

EDIT: i had this bug if i start from dvd 2 or 3, even there is a message "insert dvd 1?" and seems to work, but actually it's better start from dvd 1 (in this way no bug, even from hdd, but i am a little afraid when the game will ask me to switch to dvd 2 and 3...)

Last edited by inklara, Nov 3, 2015
  2. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    You'll need to install Blue dragon on the 360 and convert them to GOD with NXE2GOD

3. inklara
    OP

inklara Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2014
    France
    Ok thanks DinohScene. Actually now I am playing it from my external usb hard disk, so far so good with dvd1.
    But if those cinematics disappear again when i will have to switch to dvd 2 and 3, I will try what you said.

4. DinohScene

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Best is to install the original disc to the harddrive (internal of the 360)
    It could be that the cinematics aren't ripped properly.

5. inklara
    OP

inklara Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2014
    France
    So now I have played this game more than 10 hours, and the game ask me to switch to dvd2, and still have this strange bug: the game works, but skip all the cinematics (display a black screen with strange informations instead)

But luckily the game save just before the dvd switch, so i reset the xbox360, then start the blue dragon disc 2 from FSD, press load game, i continue the game correctly with cinematics.

I have tried with and without the swap plugin, and also tried with aurora, always the same result.

Now I have little fears for my other xbox 360 game who are multi disk, I think I will keep those dvd finally ^^

PS: i have found this info on internet, i have tested it, it works great so far (no problem with disc swap and cinematics):
    Blue Dragon: Copy Disc 3 files over Disc 2 selecting yes to overwrite. Copy Disc 3+2 files to Disc 1 selecting yes to overwrite files & folders. Game will prompt about swaps, just say yes and it will continue going.

Last edited by inklara, Nov 8, 2015
  6. DinohScene

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Hmm, interesting.
    Have you tried loading up each game (as a DVD backup) and installing them to the harddrive, then run NXE2GOD on it?
    Or converted it to GOD and copied it to your 360?

I'm curious to know what it does.
    I currently can't test it (lend out me retail Blue dragon copy to me brother and lack HDD space on me RGH atm) unfortunately.

7. inklara
    OP

inklara Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2014
    France
    Hi DinohScene,

Actually I must admit I am not sure to understand exactly which solution you propose, so I can't test it.
    I never used GOD games before, even not sure to know what is is :-)
    Also I have already lost too much time on this multi disk problem, now I prefer use my free time to play ^^
    Hacking is good to have more games, but not good to have more free time hahaha
    And in this world seems 'TIME' is the most valuable thing now.
    For wiiU, ps4, xboxone, I think i will stop hacking, maybe also because now I am not teenager anynore so I can more pay my games, and in this way help games studio to make more new good games, I mean big AAA console games, not all the new boring small cellphones games (ok some of them are good actually, but will never replace playing 'The Last of US' on big HD screen for example :P )

Here is how I use RGB xbox360:
    Or I play with official xbox360 games dvd (never had any issues, of course)
    Or I play with xbox360 copied dvd (also never had any issues, or maybe few times but it's because it wasn't burn correctly)
    Or I use external hard disk usb (with xbox360 extracted game, xbox1 extracted game, xbla games), with FSD and Aurora (before Blue Dragon so far I also never had any issues, I have finished all the Mass Effects for exemple).
    On the internal small xbox360 hard disk I install only DLC on it, or some game that need it too (forza 3, gta5, etc).

Conclusion: let's hope this multi disk problem was only for Blue Dragon

8. DinohScene

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    ISO2GOD can convert ISO dumps of games to GOD games.
    Then it's just a matter of copying it to the harddrive.

9. inklara
    OP

inklara Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2014
    France
    Thanks ^^
    I will try that next time I have a problem with multi disks game :-)
    But for now, with Blue Dragon, it works fine, i did that:
    Copy Disc 3 files over Disc 2 selecting yes to overwrite. Copy Disc 3+2 files to Disc 1 selecting yes to overwrite files & folders. Game will prompt about swaps, just say yes and it will continue going

10. DinohScene

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Aye fair enough.
    As long as it works.