Play Call of Duty Advanced Warfare 24 hours earlier than launch day.

chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Call-of-Duty-Advanced-Warfare.jpg
Early Access has been a part of PC gaming for a while now. Typically, it entails paying for a game that is unfinished for everyone to test it, for the developers to fine tune is as it goes on, and to figure out what could be wrong with the game. That being said, Sledgehammer games has an entirely different interpretation of early access.​
Players can get access to Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare one day early if they preorder the game as part of the "Day Zero Edition" announced today by Activision.​
Those that preorder or purchase any of the game's collector's editions will be able to buy and play the game on Nov. 3. The incentive also gives players double XP for the entire day, two special weapons (the AK-12G assault rifle and Crossbow-B2 energy weapon) and the "advanced arsenal," a custom bullet brass exoskeleton and directed energy weapon, the Quantum EM1, according to the publisher.​
There is a catch, or perhaps bit of added marketing: The Day Zero Edition has limited quantities and availability is subject to demand and inventory at retailer locations.​
"If Day Zero Edition not is available at retailer, pre-order customer may receive a pre-order refund, or may purchase a launch unit and obtain a code to download all Day Zero Edition special content," according to the press release.​
Today's Day Zero announcement hits alongside the first, extensive look at the upcoming game's multiplayer tweaks. Those tweaks include new maps, weapons, double jump exoskeletons, customization loot boxes, a new way to wait for matches and the return of a modified Pick 10 format, now called Pick 13.​
So basically we have come to a point where if you buy a limited edition of a game, we may be able to play it a day before its actually supposed to be out. Call of Duty has been notorious for giving preorder bonuses and digital offering to put its most hardcore gamers ahead of the multiplayer game. And now it look's like the bro-dude's will be hitting the court a day before the other n00b's even get there.​

:arrow:Source

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like this because pirates will likely also have the game cracked same-day and also get to play the game early.

sweet

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So now everyone will get stomped by people who already have the best guns the moment the game's out instead of a day later? Right.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So people who preorder Advanced Warfare get an advanced release date which will allow them to level up and become more advanced than their peers?

Say what you will about Activision, but give them credit for sticking to the theme.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So now everyone will get stomped by people who already have the best guns the moment the game's out instead of a day later? Right.
Blame those who accepted "pay2skip progression" in progression-centring games as not being P2W shit.
(which is pretty much everyone)

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Normally I'd give this a chance just because I hardly touched Ghost and was hoping this would be better, but the trailer pretty much convinced me that I am definitely not gonna like this game any more than Ghost.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Activision tells that pre-orders have been decreasing all across the board - make pre-order bonuses which fuck players who decide to buy at launch instead of pre-order.
Oh yeah and remember that $60 = 60€ in digital stores! People love to pay $20 more without any good reason!

Lets just hope they remember to at least include FoV slider in there without fake requirements.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blame those who accepted "pay2skip progression" in progression-centring games as not being P2W shit.
(which is pretty much everyone)
pay2skip is okay with me. Having to (grind to) unlock shit that's just plain better than what you're currently using while your human opponents are already using it is what I'm not really okay with.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
oh my god. I have to buy it now! especially that they purposely limited the quantities to power the CODerd Hype train. Take My Mooonneeyyyy!!.....

all snark and sarcasm aside. Pretty much you'll have to pre-order it and get access to the disk locked overpowered guns and equipment that Call of Duty has been made infamous for since Ghosts (the motherfucking ripper) or else your "game" will be shit without them.

I quit Ghosts because I refuse to pay extra money for Pay to Win DLC Weapons just so I can continue to compete with other people. Paying for a Call of Duty game now feels like a paying a subscription for a trial.(unless you buy the season pass = more money upfront) Where in 3 months the trial will end you will have to spend more money or you might as well not even play. Because every shithead who worships COD will be kicking your ass with the purposely top tier pay only weapons.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
pay2skip is okay with me. Having to (grind to) unlock shit that's just plain better than what you're currently using while your human opponents are already using it is what I'm not really okay with.
Isn't that the very definition of pay2skip?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If the game has a functioning co-op split screen mode, I'd be interested. Ghosts has been little of interest for me due to this feature lacking. Modern Warfare had fantastic co-op missions, which would be very welcome in the next editions..

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you think about it is it really all that different than if they moved the release up a day? You can pick your preorder up a day early, but you could still technically preorder the day it comes out and then get it then.

Reactions: Qtis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol