Play Call of Duty Advanced Warfare 24 hours earlier than launch day.

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by chavosaur, Aug 12, 2014.

1. chavosaur
    OP

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    [​IMG]
    Early Access has been a part of PC gaming for a while now. Typically, it entails paying for a game that is unfinished for everyone to test it, for the developers to fine tune is as it goes on, and to figure out what could be wrong with the game. That being said, Sledgehammer games has an entirely different interpretation of early access.​
    So basically we have come to a point where if you buy a limited edition of a game, we may be able to play it a day before its actually supposed to be out. Call of Duty has been notorious for giving preorder bonuses and digital offering to put its most hardcore gamers ahead of the multiplayer game. And now it look's like the bro-dude's will be hitting the court a day before the other n00b's even get there.​

:arrow:Source

2. Celice

Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    I like this because pirates will likely also have the game cracked same-day and also get to play the game early.

sweet

3. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    So now everyone will get stomped by people who already have the best guns the moment the game's out instead of a day later? Right.

4. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    So people who preorder Advanced Warfare get an advanced release date which will allow them to level up and become more advanced than their peers?

Say what you will about Activision, but give them credit for sticking to the theme.

_acid_, TyBlood13 and Satangel like this.
  5. Steena

Steena GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    Italy
    Blame those who accepted "pay2skip progression" in progression-centring games as not being P2W shit.
    (which is pretty much everyone)

6. ChaosBoi

ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

Feb 19, 2007
    United States
    California
    Normally I'd give this a chance just because I hardly touched Ghost and was hoping this would be better, but the trailer pretty much convinced me that I am definitely not gonna like this game any more than Ghost.

7. Mario92

Mario92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 20, 2010
    Finland
    Finland
    Activision tells that pre-orders have been decreasing all across the board - make pre-order bonuses which fuck players who decide to buy at launch instead of pre-order.
    Oh yeah and remember that $60 = 60€ in digital stores! People love to pay $20 more without any good reason!

Lets just hope they remember to at least include FoV slider in there without fake requirements.

8. ComeTurismO

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    What the fuck? I am buying this after launch, and looks like it will be harder when I play online!

9. natkoden

natkoden Not a New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Argentina
    Please fix the title.

Then>Than

10. onez_360

onez_360 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2014
    Indonesia
    Bandung
    i'm waiting On This:bow:

11. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    pay2skip is okay with me. Having to (grind to) unlock shit that's just plain better than what you're currently using while your human opponents are already using it is what I'm not really okay with.

12. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    oh my god. I have to buy it now! especially that they purposely limited the quantities to power the CODerd Hype train. Take My Mooonneeyyyy!!.....

all snark and sarcasm aside. Pretty much you'll have to pre-order it and get access to the disk locked overpowered guns and equipment that Call of Duty has been made infamous for since Ghosts (the motherfucking ripper) or else your "game" will be shit without them.

I quit Ghosts because I refuse to pay extra money for Pay to Win DLC Weapons just so I can continue to compete with other people. Paying for a Call of Duty game now feels like a paying a subscription for a trial.(unless you buy the season pass = more money upfront) Where in 3 months the trial will end you will have to spend more money or you might as well not even play. Because every shithead who worships COD will be kicking your ass with the purposely top tier pay only weapons.

13. Steena

Steena GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    Italy
    Isn't that the very definition of pay2skip?

14. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    If the game has a functioning co-op split screen mode, I'd be interested. Ghosts has been little of interest for me due to this feature lacking. Modern Warfare had fantastic co-op missions, which would be very welcome in the next editions..

15. vayanui8

vayanui8 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    United States
    If you think about it is it really all that different than if they moved the release up a day? You can pick your preorder up a day early, but you could still technically preorder the day it comes out and then get it then.

Qtis likes this.