Homebrew Play .3ds-files instead of .csi on arm9loaderhax?

n0ir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!

Sorry in advance if this question have been asked a thousand times before! I tried to search but I'm kind of new to this so I didn't really know what I should be looking for.

I recently managed to install arm9loaderhax on my 3DS. Nice not having the hassle of a flashcard, and fun having easy access to the homebrew channel!

However, is there a way of playing .3ds-files without converting them to .csi-files using a 3DS with arm9loaderhax CFW? I know of the "3DS Simple CIA Converter" but it's still quite some work.

Thanks in advance!

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi!

Sorry in advance if this question have been asked a thousand times before! I tried to search but I'm kind of new to this so I didn't really know what I should be looking for.

I recently managed to install arm9loaderhax on my 3DS. Nice not having the hassle of a flashcard, and fun having easy access to the homebrew channel!

However, is there a way of playing .3ds-files without converting them to .csi-files using a 3DS with arm9loaderhax CFW? I know of the "3DS Simple CIA Converter" but it's still quite some work.

Thanks in advance!
Simple answer: no.

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Hi!

Thanks in advance!
No you need to convert them to .cia.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Welcome to GBATemp, Mr. (?) @n0ir.
Please do not create new threads asking questions in the future. The "noob paradise" thread is where you should go to ask questions, found here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.359035/unread
As for your question, no, you have to convert .3ds files to cias. (It's CIA, not CSI) it's actually not that much work to convert them, it's very simple with the program you mentioned.
Once again, welcome, and don't forget to write an introduction!

Reactions: n0ir

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

Thanks in advance!
There is no way currently of playing .3ds roms without a flash cart. You can however convert them to installable .cia files using 3DS Simple CIA Converter. That takes no work for many games, and a little bit of work for some (depends if they are encrypted roms or not, and being encrypted adds only one step). That tool should also allow for batch conversion, even for encrypted roms.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Or get them in .cia directly. Or even install them directly from freeshop or whatever, for the available ones, instead of downloading them.
But if you're talking about your own dumps, it's not that annoying using Decrypt9 (which directly decrypts the .3ds so no need for xorpads and stuff) and 3dsconv.

n0ir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your answers!

Do I need to create a new ncchinfo.bin-file and create xorpads using Decrypt9 on the 3DS every time I want to convert new .3ds-files?

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do I need to create a new ncchinfo.bin-file and create xorpads using Decrypt9 on the 3DS every time I want to convert new .3ds-files?
If you're converting .3ds files that you've downloaded online, then yes. (But if you're downloading .3ds files, why aren't you just downloading .cia files instead?)

If you're getting your .3ds files by dumping your own cartridges, then no, there's no need to go through the hassle of generating a ncchinfo.bin and xorpads.

The latest build of Decrypt9 allows you to make decrypted dumps of your cartridges, eliminating the need to generate a ncchinfo.bin and xorpads entirely.

Then you simply use @ihaveamac's conversion script to build a .cia from the decrypted .3ds, and ~10 minutes later the process is complete!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."