Gaming Platinum VS HG/SS

EliteKill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Around a year ago a friend of my family came from the USA and got me Pokemon Platinum. I already played the game on my flashcart, and we told him to return it. Unfortunately, he forgot it here. Now, my dad might be going to the USA in time of the HG/SS release. Should I wait and maybe let him cash-in Platinum and get me HG/SS, or should I just play Platinum?

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well Heart gold and Soul Silver surpass Platinum on all levels from length of game to enjoyment (IMO). The only question is... HG or SS?
unsure.gif

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HG/SS will be better, obviously.
You can tell because it's the latest pokemon game. Pokemon is generally the same old crap, with a bit of new crap piled on top.

When it comes to pokemon, you always want the latest game.

The only decision you have to make now is HG or SS.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Platinum is already getting a bit old now. So you should wait for Pokemon HG/SS to come out. I don't know a lot about the Pokemon Gold, Silver, Crystal games, but I can tell that the graphics have been improved and yeah.

Well...SS in my opinion. I have no reasons. I just like SS.

Uchiha Obito

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I'll be playing HG just because I had Gold and I'm getting Heart Gold in memory of it
smile.gif

Oh so many damn hours playing that stupid game... And for what? I never got the full pokedex because here in Portugal there aren't any damn special Pokémon giveaway like in USA or JPN... The country right next to us (Spain) is full of them... Oh well...

Now HGSS will be different since I have a flashcart and Pokésav which will let me download Wonder Cards
tongue.gif

GET HG!!!!! The Ho-oh cutscene is way better than Lugia's
tongue.gif

Posts merged

XWolf said:
Hoverlord Nadrian said:
Get SS, just because you can't download the PokéWalker.
I thought HG and SS both used it?
Both of them does... What I think he meant was that you can't use Pokéwalker in a flashcart or on the PC...

Sanderino

I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, trade it in for HG or SS. It's much better and nostalgic. I'm suprised almost everyone chooses SS. I want to choos HG, because I had Pokémon Gold too.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
some question:

1. Is it worht to use the english patch? will you miss story/have problem with items etc?
2. What is the mayor diffrence in between Heart Gold and Soul Silver?
3. Pokewatch needed?
4. Will the the .sav file work on the US version when it is released?

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Link0518 said:
some question:

1. Is it worht to use the english patch? will you miss story/have problem with items etc?
2. What is the mayor diffrence in between Heart Gold and Soul Silver?
3. Pokewatch needed?
4. Will the the .sav file work on the US version when it is released?
Google instead of hijacking a thread.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Ah, the GS generation was my all-time favorite Pokemon generation ever.

The nostalgia is staggering. One reason is at the time, no one was really expecting added Pokemon characters like we routinely do now, so I was stoked for all the new pokemon.
Also, the day and night system was a neat idea. Playing the game at night would mean playing in a night setting. It was just... cool.
And when I bought the game (Silver, to be specific), I blasted through it. DAMN it was fun.
But the best part was taking my first step into Kanto (greeted by the fat guy, of course), and playing through the original set of leaders once again. AWESOME.
You can tell that Gamefreak really put their heart and soul into the GS generation.

Now, I don't know just how great HG and SS will be (I'm waiting 'till it comes Stateside), but I'm recommending you get those instead of Platinum. Just for the sake of nostalgia
yay.gif

Uchiha Obito

Trophies
XP
Country
Sanderino said:
Yeah, trade it in for HG or SS. It's much better and nostalgic. I'm suprised almost everyone chooses SS. I want to choos HG, because I had Pokémon Gold too.
Yeah I don't know why is SS most popular... I mean HG is awesome
smile.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goten said:
Sanderino said:
Yeah I don't know why is SS most popular... I mean HG is awesome
smile.gif
because ho-oh fails

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you +2